Hangar 24

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
One of the bike club members set up a ride to go out to Hangar 24, a new upstart microbrewery here in Redlands. Now, I'm all in for two things in life; bike riding and beer. Combine the two and I am sooooo there.

The ride start is about five miles from my house and the plan was to ride straight to the brewery, have a couple or nine, then pedal back. The brewery is about a mile and a half from my house in the opposite direction of the ride start. I wanted to get some productive riding in, so I took the long way to the ride start and incorporated a little bit of climbing into it. I still got to the ride start about 25 minutes early, so I just sat out front of the coffee shop in the handicapped parking space. I figured if anybody said anything, I would act insulted and say "Can't you see? This is an in-line wheelchair!"

The ride was quite the mix of bikes. There were two fixies, a cruiser tandem, a couple mountain bikes, a spattering of road bikes and of course, my Cruzbike. We must have been quite the sight as we pedaled to the brewery. Obviously, some of us were more mobile than others and we had to bring the group together a couple times. When we all got on the last straightaway street, another fellow and I took off and rocked the rest of the way. Actually, I started it, then backed down until the other guy caught up. He continued to push, so I went with.

It was a great ride, pretty casual, but fun fellowship with cyclists and beer afficionados!

Mark