Help! 2021 Q45 derailleur hanger slightly too small for AXS Eagle GX RD

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Help!!
I am trying to upgrade my 2021 Q45 from NX 11 speed to AXS GX Eagle 12 speed, to my wife's annoyance. :) I am running into a problem with the RD hanger being a little too small for the AXS GX RD.

This picture shows the NX RD matching very snugly into the RD hanger.
20230123_183238.jpg

These two pictures show that the AXS GX RD being slightly too big for the RD hanger. It can't go further into the bolt hole.
20230123_183024.jpg20230123_183105.jpg

This picture shows the RD hanger, which shows a "sloped" and narrowing space into the hole. You can see a little scratch mark from the AXS GX RD on the upper side of the "slope."
20230123_184017.jpg

My questions:
1. @Robert Holler I have the first edition of 2021 Q45. Has the RD hanger been updated so that it's a little bigger and can take the 12 speed AXS GX RD?

2. If no new updated RD hanger is available, is the next "nuclear option" possible?
I measured the diameter of the tab thingy that attaches the RD into the RD hanger hole. NX is 0.75 in. AXS GX is 0.78 in. So the radius difference is 0.015in. Can I either file the thingy on the AXS GX RD to make it smaller or should I file the RD hanger to make the space bigger?

3. Other possibilities??

Thank you thank you for your sage suggestions!!

Michael

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Michael,

You look to have the original version hanger - please take a look at yours compared to this picture. Note that the new one has a much larger mounting radius on the flat - to better accommodate derailleurs that have a wider mounting face. You can see in the pic where I am pointing with the pick the tighter mount area compared to the revised one on the right.

Please send an email to support@cruzbike.com to me and we will get you a replacement hanger ASAP.

IMG_1470.jpg

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Michael,

You look to have the original version hanger - please take a look at yours compared to this picture. Note that the new one has a much larger mounting radius on the flat - to better accommodate derailleurs that have a wider mounting face. You can see in the pic where I am pointing with the pick the tighter mount area compared to the revised one on the right.

Please send an email to support@cruzbike.com to me and we will get you a replacement hanger ASAP.

View attachment 14458
Yeah! Robert to the rescue!! Thank you!

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
No problem - - if it is an immediate need to get you on the road you can always take a Dremel or file to make room on that old one. The new one should allow for a perfect fit of that derailleur.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
No problem - - if it is an immediate need to get you on the road you can always take a Dremel or file to make room on that old one. The new one should allow for a perfect fit of that derailleur.
@Robert Holler it worked! Thank you for sending me the updated hanger. AXS Eagle GX derailleur is on there now!

Attachments

• 20230127_212403.jpg
    20230127_212403.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 4