High Speed has room for three more

trplay

Zen MBB Master
If you're reading this you have an opportunity to join Team High Speed in Thursdays quest to become the first recumbent team to earn a Premier League invite. This will be an especially gratifying achievement as it will be raced upon the jungle course using double drafts and power ups for the first time ever in the WTRL TTT event.
High Speed came inside of two minutes of qualifying last week.

This weeks roster is currently at 5 capable riders and will certainly close in on if not reach the qualifying time. If you have the right stuff your participation will significantly enhance the teams time. High Speed has room for three more riders. Riders must possess a gentleman like demeanor, the ability to play with others, and have no record of whining when things get tough. The third requirement, in some cases, can be waived if the previous whining didn't include the use of profanity.

We have a few slots still open on the Low Drag team if you aren't quite ready for the flash and bang of High Speed but are looking for an introduction into the TTT. Would you like to learn more? Go to our almost finished web site LINK HERE or if you just can't wait any longer to sign up go straight to the sign up Poll HERE and pick your poison. We will get back to you shortly.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Taken from the Zwift insider: entire article here:https://zwiftinsider.com/wtrl-ttt-7...uh1nDVXPymNbxnu5jLo49VuylWWUEZJ6m9nOYjjrebbZo

THE RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE: TIPS FOR WTRL TTT #71
Posted by David Ashton | Aug 24, 2020 | Racing | 2

jungle-header.jpg

For the past 19 weeks I have become obsessed… so i asked Eric if i could share my obsession with you all, in weekly doses. For the past 19 weeks my entire Zwift experience has centered around the Thursday Team Time Trial arranged by WTRL. If you haven’t checked it out, you should – for me at least, it is the best of what Zwift can provide.

For the uninitiated, the WTRL TTT takes teams of (up to) 8 riders around a course that changes from week to week. The trick is to learn how to work as a team taking advantage of drafting, rotating turns at the front then resting at the back, while managing energy to make sure you get 4 riders across the finish line as fast as possible. Teams are categorized into 5 classes; Vienna (ladies), Espresso (no restrictions), Frappe (mostly As and Bs), Latte (Bs and Cs) and Mocha (Cs and Ds) so there’s something for everyone.

The WTRL website at wtrl.racing is a great place for more information on how it works.

WTRL’s TTT has become such a phenomenon it has caught the eye of the race commentators at Zwift Community Live. Each week Nathan Guerra and Dave Towle run a live commentary of the TTT – you can find last week’s coverage here – and there is already a placeholder for this week’s TTT, #71.

My weekly Zwift schedule for the past 5 months has revolved around examining the upcoming route, plotting target times for my team and helping with equipment selection. I typically ride and re-ride the upcoming course, and try to be at my freshest each Thursday because anything else would be letting the team down! Thursday evenings are spent poring over the results and comparing how we did to previous weeks, looking to glean something that will boost performance next week. Yeah – you could say I’m obsessed.

Each week on a Friday I will give you a profile of the upcoming route, guidance on bike choice and maybe even some target times if you want to aim for the Premiere League (top-10 in each coffee class get to be in a special race televised on YouTube).

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
This Thursday is on the jungle route? Do we want to use the MTB frames then for this? Or specific wheelset (provided we have them)?

trplay

Zen MBB Master
This Thursday is on the jungle route? Do we want to use the MTB frames then for this? Or specific wheelset (provided we have them)?

Definitely use a MTB for the race. There are two bikes you can purchase with drops . The Specialized is reportedly a second faster than the others. The other mtb, already in your garage, is the Zwift MTB which will work just fine. All the mtb's come equipped with tires so you do not have to add any tires. Lots of discussion on the High Speed Low Drag message board about this.