How do I identify my specific model V?

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
Didn't want this to get lost in my other thread, but how can I tell which model I have? I'll attach a pic if that helps. Additionally, where can I read about whatever version this is, what to expect, reviews, etc.? I understand that this is a much older bike, but since it does appear to be either the first or second run, I imagine that the hype was huge for it, i.e., lots of people discussing it. BTW, love the shimmering yellow paint, I always thought these were just glossy, not metallic.

355516818_10117198933192045_6191232659565475479_n.jpg

Lief

Guru Schmuru
posting here is 'the way' and this looks like a combination.
That top tube is Vendetta 2.0 - the multi-mount-points at the headset and the size/shape is the giveaway for that. (before they started calling them just V)
The earlier top tubes had issues (maintenance, usability, etc)

The frame though is pre-hydroformed (squared off teardrop tube shapes welded under the seat) so either Vendetta 1.0 or...not sure if there was a 1.5 of that or not TBH? (I'm 99% sure there was no 1.5 but it's been a few years)
Robert (and probably a few others) will know for sure.

You can see in my avatar - the swoopy frame of the yellow Vendetta 2.0 frame I was riding - with the same top-tube you have here.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
also - I'm jealous of how aero you get to be on that bike. Maria runs her bikes with a similarly elevated crank on the V bikes - her CDA is amazing because of that. At 5'11" I have to run my crank a ways further (not too bad really) and as a result - I just push more air.
Enjoy!

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
I'm 99% sure there was no 1.5
It looks like there was a Vendetta 1.5.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Touche @castlerobber .
I didn’t read through all of your posts but the 1.5 designation was, I believe, a “community” named bike. Where Tor figured out that he could fit the 2.0 boom on a 1.0 frame. Pretty sure by the time that boom was around there was no such “commercial” model. :)

Also - that last pic is even a V20 (3rd gen) boom on a vendetta 1.0 frame - maybe that should be called a V1.75.

Nahhhh. No need to confuse my future self anymore than I already am.

Tor Hovland

It's a v1.0, same as mine. That's the one with the yellow seat plate welded to the frame. Although I can't quite make out what the black thing under your seat is.

Here's my v1.0:

And here's a v1.5. Notice the different seat:

Tor Hovland

I didn’t read through all of your posts but the 1.5 designation was, I believe, a “community” named bike. Where Tor figured out that he could fit the 2.0 boom on a 1.0 frame. Pretty sure by the time that boom was around there was no such “commercial” model. :)

No, the v1.0 and v1.5 were actually different Cruzbike models, although those version numbers may have been cooked up by the community.

I never changed the boom on mine, but I have @LarryOz 's old v1.5 chainstay and a new V20 fork. Which means I could fit a front disc brake, which works well

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
It's a v1.0, same as mine. That's the one with the yellow seat plate welded to the frame. Although I can't quite make out what the black thing under your seat is.

Here's my v1.0:

And here's a v1.5. Notice the different seat:
Hey Tor, that's the rear brake under/ behind the seat.

Can't wait to ride it, but I'm not in town this weekend. I'm curious to see how different a ride it will be compared to my old S30. Can't wait to try it.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
didn’t read through all of your posts

I'm going to say Jonathan Garcia is a pretty reliable source.

The version numbers are Cruzbike's own, IIRC (and I may not). I had a Silvio 1.5 that would have been a contemporary of the Vendetta 1.5. The follow-on versions to both were 2.0. I think Silvio eventually got up to 2.2. Quest had versions 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0.

Then Cruzbike began switching over to the current naming style, with a letter and the approximate seat angle.

Maybe one of the "old hands" can shed some light here.

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
That is likely a 1.0

There are not many of those in the wild and there were not a ton of those made. Classic
Thanks, Robert! That makes it more special to me. The gentleman that owned it passed away and his family was happy to see someone so excited about it. I'm hoping I like it as much as I did the S30, buy if not I'll definitely find it a great home. Can't wait to ride it next week!