How do you fit a Silvio to your body?

I'm shopping for new recumbent and found the Silvio through my web research which seems like a good fit for my needs. My question is how do you fit the Silvio frame to your body? I know that with my current DF that I purchased about 10 years ago, I went through a lengthly fit session at the bike shop at adjust the components, adjust seat height, , stem size, etc. to my body size. Is this type of fit session required?

Thanks for the feedback

Jim

JonB

Zen MBB Master
I have a Cruzbike Freerider myself. I do not think the Silvio can do anything but moving the bottom bracket in or out. This motion will also move it up or down a little. I think the Silvio seat angle is static. Adjustment for different stem size is usually done by moving the bottom bracket in or out. Cruzbike calls this the telescopic front boom. I think that Silvio by design fits alot of people. I have tried one, and also another guy tried it. All we did was moving the bottom bracket in or out by adjusting the length of the telescopic front boom.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
JonB nailed it. Effectively, what happens is longer legged people end up with a lower bottom bracket. Shorter legged folks have their feet in the air. I have pretty long legs and I have no issues with the bike.

As far as fitting the bike to your needs; On an upright road bike, there are so many ways to be uncomfortable. When you're laid back, you're comfort level can't be beat, so then it's just a matter of adjusting your handlebar position and your pedal reach. These are easily accomplished in a matter of minutes and it's all about personal comfort!

Mark

WhiteSilvio

Don't forget that the handlebars can be moved "in and out" independently of the position of the bottom-bracket. And of course the selection of handlebars themselves will also make a difference. So it isn't hard to get the fit right but the final fine adjustments will need to be done over time, with a few miles on the bike.
John R