How much for older q45?

roamer

Hi, there is an older model q45 for sale for $1700. It's in great condition, 2 owners. The boot on the shock is torn and has a dent he said from hitting the rear rack. He also said he had to turn it upside down to get the rack not to hit it. To me it didn't feel like the shock performed great, but also never ridden a recumbent before yesterday. And the clamp on one side of the bottom bracket was replaced by a clamp he 3d printed with hard plastic. He advertised saying that its originally $3400, but I'm pretty sure these older models didn't go for that price. Also when I was riding it, the handlebars came slightly loose when i was pulling them going slightly uphill. He said after cracking the bottom bracket clamp he's afraid to tighten things too much. Otherwise seemed to be in great condition and rode pretty nice from what I could tell (being my first time).

Any thoughts on how much this should go for? Also any idea what year(s) this could be. Thanks!

Attachments

• cruzbike oakland.jpeg
    cruzbike oakland.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 17

ccooper

I test-rode that bike, but decided not to buy it. I think for a few hundred less it is a good deal. I don't have a problem with his 3D-printed clamp, it seems OK to me. I think those clamps are supposed to be tightened with a torque wrench.

roamer

I test-rode that bike, but decided not to buy it. I think for a few hundred less it is a good deal. I don't have a problem with his 3D-printed clamp, it seems OK to me. I think those clamps are supposed to be tightened with a torque wrench.
Ah, interesting! Thanks for chiming in. Any thoughts on the suspension?

ccooper

Ah, interesting! Thanks for chiming in. Any thoughts on the suspension?
I didn't notice anything wrong with it. But if you check elsewhere on this forum you will find a suggested upgrade for the shock from another manufacturer which you may want to consider, as it is also lighter.