How to use the map page to find others in your local area

bfs1947

map page

John,
TIME is not listed on the map page for Palatine, IL. Is there any other way I may get in contact with TIME?
Regards,
Barry Sasso

Next piece of the puzzle?

Hi John
Now we need a proile link so that we can contact one of the 'Blips' on the map if necessary. How do we do that? even the 'send private message' link would help

next step

Hi
Now that we know there are members in our vivinity, we need to be able to contacte them if needed. Is there a link to their profile or private message box.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
I do not see a little

I do not see a little envelope when clicking most pins.

Additionally, the filter options are clumsy if you want to use them to quickly zoom into a map region.

For example, I live in Brighton, Michigan, USA. The availably filters are COUNTRY, CITY, or BIKE MODEL. If I only input Brighton, MI for CITY I get no results, and in fact get no map at all. If I enter only the city name of Brighton for CITY, I get a map of the world with my pin at Brighton, MI and a pin for Simon at Brighton, UK. Simon shows a little envelope. Other pins near me do not have little envelopes.

Anybody with a Cruzbike within 100 miles or so of Brighton, MI? I would like to see and ride one in person if you are willing.

-Eric

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi,
For what it's worth, if

Hi,

For what it's worth, if you zoom into the map instead of using the filters, you can zoom in pretty tight. I believe I found you ("Eric" in Brighton with no bikes listed). Most people I find don't have a bike listed (Anthony in Okemos has a Silvio 1.5 and I didn't look at everybody. If you click on their picture (and I recommend right-clicking and opening up in a new tab), you can get the member page from where you can send an IM).

Cheers,
Charles

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
Is this for owners only?

There are three pins in Pinellas County, Florida. Only one shows a bike listed. I do not show up at all. Do I need to "opt in" or something to show up with a pin?

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
Okay...

My location is listed in my profile. Can you not see this? If not, what do I need to do?