I guess it's all in the name

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
I did the Chico Wildflower Century today on my V20, and three times, at three different spots on the route, I heard, "All right, that guy's cruising" (or, "cruzing").

I also had a DF roadie snob ask me, "What the f_ _ _ are you doing?" as he passed me going the other way at the bottom of the day's highest climb. Had he stuck around for an answer, I would have said, "Well, sir, I am about to pass a dozen people on this climb, while being passed by none. And then I'm going to go on to pass dozens more on the rest of the ride, while being passed by...none."

I know that a century is not a race, but question not the power of the V. ;)

Last edited:

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
@Frito Bandito Ah! There's an idea!
I'll be the first to give genuine props to all riders without any jealousy or animosity regardless of their ability, and even to those who are faster than me. But if someone comments something snobby, arrogant, rude or anything similar, they should ride fast enough to stay away from me jacking with their ride because if I do pass them I am definitely going to make a spectacle of it. "This is what the f _ _ _ I'm doing!" HAHAHA.
Being nice is free but being a Texan means I often go back to the Old Testament for guidance.