I Love My Bike

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I really do. I've been riding my Silvio for a year and a half, now. I'm over 10,000 miles and still just LOVE this bike. Not many things in life keep me fired up this long, but the Silvio is just such a bike. I'm due for tires. I probably need a chain, recabling and all that stuff.. Still, all I want to do is get on it and ride.

Mark

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote: I really do. I've been riding my Silvio for a year and a half, now. I'm over 10,000 miles and still just LOVE this bike. Not many things in life keep me fired up this long, but the Silvio is just such a bike. I'm due for tires. I probably need a chain, recabling and all that stuff.. Still, all I want to do is get on it and ride.
Why? what is it that makes it so great? i feel i am getting a little tired of my Freerider, and i have been looking elsewhere, not towards a Silvio which i expect just to be more of the same as my Freerider.

I tried really using the arms, and i find it very hard. Either my stamina and technique is just bad, or the Freerider handlebar is not so great for using the arms.

I also still have trouble laying the seat more down while reaching the handle bars.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
JonB wrote:
Mark B wrote: I really do. I've been riding my Silvio for a year and a half, now. I'm over 10,000 miles and still just LOVE this bike. Not many things in life keep me fired up this long, but the Silvio is just such a bike. I'm due for tires. I probably need a chain, recabling and all that stuff.. Still, all I want to do is get on it and ride.
Why? what is it that makes it so great? i feel i am getting a little tired of my Freerider, and i have been looking elsewhere, not towards a Silvio which i expect just to be more of the same as my Freerider.

I tried really using the arms, and i find it very hard. Either my stamina and technique is just bad, or the Freerider handlebar is not so great for using the arms.

I also still have trouble laying the seat more down while reaching the handle bars.
There is no one thing, Jon. It's the whole package. It's the ride,it's the position, it's the whole package. I've never ridden a Sofrider or a Freerider, so I cannot compare. The only thing I can say is the Silvio is the bomb, for me. 10,000 miles plus and still excited about the bike says enough, to me.

Mark

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote:
JonB wrote: Why? what is it that makes it so great? i feel i am getting a little tired of my Freerider, and i have been looking elsewhere, not towards a Silvio which i expect just to be more of the same as my Freerider.

There is no one thing, Jon. It's the whole package. It's the ride,it's the position, it's the whole package. I've never ridden a Sofrider or a Freerider, so I cannot compare. The only thing I can say is the Silvio is the bomb, for me. 10,000 miles plus and still excited about the bike says enough, to me.
But you have a conversion (or did your daughter reclaim her bike?) I guess thats about the same as a Freerider.

It is your excitement that keeps me looking in the Silvio direction, because if you're excited after all your different recumbent bikes, it must be good.