I would have bought a Cruzbike much sooner if...

I would have bought a Cruzbike much sooner if I had seen this for sale... A bike with the same shape as S and V but half the price. That would be a winner for me. Still happy with my S40 but I wouldn’t have deliberated if this was available. What do you think?

Attachments

• C1662986-CF03-4165-B09F-E39F91D484A4.jpeg
    C1662986-CF03-4165-B09F-E39F91D484A4.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 303

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
That's a highly customized T50 by the owner. The frontend is not as stiff and as light as the S40 but still good for the price.

rx7mark

Guru
Yep, pretty close to what I have built and documented. If I added road controls and 700c wheels, it should perform very similar to a S40, but with an adjustable seat angle.

Not saying it would be the same, but close for less investment. It does require modification and some part crafting, which is not for everyone.

Mark

That's a highly customized T50 by the owner. The frontend is not as stiff and as light as the S40 but still good for the price.
Price for the S and V and fit for the T were the barriers to entry for me for so long. My 46.5 x-seam slightly larger than the max on the T I recall. Perhaps I just didn’t do enough research ;)

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Price for the S and V and fit for the T were the barriers to entry for me for so long. My 46.5 x-seam slightly larger than the max on the T I recall. Perhaps I just didn’t do enough research ;)
Yes, you need to be a tinkerer to get a T50 to resemble an S40. It appears to be especially challenging for tall riders to get the T50 to fit and look like an S40.

The bike above is similar to this one below with telescoping stem: https://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/t50-whatcha-planning-to-build.11660/page-18#post-138548
upload_2017-9-9_12-45-56-png.5500

IMHO, @Rampa (https://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/starting-to-assemble-my-franken-t.12588/) and @rx7mark (https://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/my-t50-emeljay-mod.12463/) have the best T50 mods

side-view-emeljay-jpg.6909

and
40914305_2169234130010869_2596399994919452672_o.jpg

Opik

I would have bought a Cruzbike much sooner if I had seen this for sale... A bike with the same shape as S and V but half the price. That would be a winner for me. Still happy with my S40 but I wouldn’t have deliberated if this was available. What do you think?
That's the bike I bought!

The owner was pressured by His wife as the number of bikes have reached X (X=the number of bikes where a separation will happen). happy with the purchae, as it really can push my Monggoose omega as no.1 used bike

The owner was pressured by His wife as the number of bikes have reached X (X=the number of bikes where a separation will happen). happy with the purchae, as it really can push my Monggoose omega as no.1 used bike
Awesome! Enjoy

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
A T50 no matter how configured will not match the performance of an S40 stock. I have tried it. In reality it is more tinkering and expense than it is worth anyway to mod the T50. It can be modded but its still a T50 at heart.

Paruig

Are you in NZ?

i am thinking of getting a T50 frameset and swapping over the wheels the drivetrain from my roadbike that i can no longer use and then using a control tech stem and midge bars, and then modding the seat for more recline.

A T50 no matter how configured will not match the performance of an S40 stock. I have tried it. In reality it is more tinkering and expense than it is worth anyway to mod the T50. It can be modded but its still a T50 at heart.

can you expand on this statement? having never owned either, i don't know what to compare to. can the T50 be made into a decent roadbike? or is it still going to feel like a lumbering commuter?

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
can you expand on this statement? having never owned either, i don't know what to compare to. can the T50 be made into a decent roadbike? or is it still going to feel like a lumbering commuter?
It will require quite a bit of modification of the seat, seat stays and the steerer/boom to make it resemble a poor man's S40. It's not impossible but the resulting mod may not be as stiff as the real S40 at the bottom bracket and seat area. Secondly the wheelbase of the T50 is also shorter. As for th 700C wheels on the T50, probabaly no more than 28mm x 700c

But considering the price difference between the two framesets i.e. T50 =$865 vs S40=$2,350, it's probably worth a try.

Necessity is the mother of invention...

Shimelis

Yep, pretty close to what I have built and documented. If I added road controls and 700c wheels, it should perform very similar to a S40, but with an adjustable seat angle.

Not saying it would be the same, but close for less investment. It does require modification and some part crafting, which is not for everyone.

Mark
I have t50 cruzbike I want to upgrade the handlebar like S40 , where can I find it
Not saying it would be the same, but close for less investment. It does require modification and some part crafting, which is not for ev

DavidJL

I just put 700C wheels on my T50 as an experiment. 28 mm tires will definitely clear the fork crown. Wonder if a seat adjustable on the fly would be worth the trouble and weight penalty. Could go to a more upright position on hills, and then lie back on the flats...

Opik

A friend in a riding group bought a soifrider an joined the tribe. Researched quite throughly and knew the models an records of cruzbike. Wish I had a friend who was into bents before so would be quicker to go to bents

jond

Zen MBB Master
A friend in a riding group bought a soifrider an joined the tribe. Researched quite throughly and knew the models an records of cruzbike. Wish I had a friend who was into bents before so would be quicker to go to bents

Hey you know the deli what more could you want.

DavidJL

Ditched the 700C wheels and put 27.5 wheels on instead. Would like to make them tubeless, though this wheelset is not advertised as tubeless ready. The rims do have flat places on each side, so it might work. Also installed Shimano Clickr Pedals with platforms and dual side entry. Yeah, I wish there had been Cruzbikes back in the 80's. Had no idea that FWD-MBB could work so great.