Interesting Cruzbike

floridabike

Was this bike made by Cruzbike? It's on Craigslist.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/bik/3678551290.html

3Fd3Id3J25G35K95Mcd3d3ff644ac7e5f1a1b.jpg

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Actually, we didn't market it

Actually, we didn't market it well because it didn't fit in our family of products very cleanly and we havn't been promoting it. There is an aspect of pulling on the bars that you can make work. We still have some stock. Its a very clean design and has a lot potential. Has the nice i-motion9 internall geared hub, snail cam chain adjusters, and a bunch of other cool features. :)

Wschles

Commuting

Would anyone know if I can attach a rear rack or use a bacchetta one for all bag with this bike?
Bill

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Yes, attach the rack legs to

Yes, attach the rack legs to the bolts that hold the seat supports to the frame. These are M8, or you may drill them out to 8mm and use seat pin bolts (8mm sleeve and M6 bolt) so that you can thread the M6 through the hold in the leg of the rack. Use two sturdy cable ties to hold the front top rail of the rack to the seat supports, also. Or place a B bag over the seat back.

Wschles

Specs

Thank you John
The rack idea is great. Btw would you know the seat height?
I got additional pictures of the bike. The back seat cushion looks fine. The bottom cushion however looks frumpy worn and gray. Is this normal?
Bill

Vargas

It is just a cover

It looks like it is just a cover over the original one, probably with some additional padding.
The picture of the bike disassembled shows the seat bottom without the cover and it looks perfect.

gardenjohn

Steering knuckle

Down the road I may be making a recumbent that would require a steering knuckle like what is shown on the above recumbent that you used to sell. Do you have separate such knuckles available or do you know where I can get one?

john

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
I have a few, but I am

I have a few, but I am keeping them. They weight 100 grams and are free of back lash and stiction.