Irony, TTT, and team names ATP, Herd, Low Drag, High Speed

benphyr

Guru-me-not
To those I have TTT connections to: @ccooper, @trplay, @Pollock, @RojoRacing, @ratz, @ccf, @LarryOz, @CruzLike, and others whose names my mind refuses to provide at this moment.

Zwift: I started riding on Zwift a couple years ago approximately once a week in winters only with a long-time friend.

Herd: When I was off this Spring break when covid was starting and with @trplay and other's help from this forum I joined the Herd and began riding the Team Time Trial (TTT) races put on by WTRL on Zwift - a great way to learn how to ride together. The Herd has a primary focus on welcoming, introducing people to biking and community, making sure it is a positive experience all in the context of bike racing and riding.

ATP: About a month ago I moved over to ATP Racing which continues where the Herd leaves off. ATP is more competitive minded so there might be generally higher power, more coaching to bring out the best in the individual and the team, more research done about race elements, map, there might be a larger plan, goals, etc. for each specific race.

In light of the name ATP I am assuming that refers to the cellular energy molecule Adenosine triphosphate.

What does all this have to do with Cruzbike? I'm glad you asked.

I wish I knew how to put the images on top of one another. Does this molecule not remind you of the recumbent racer passing from left to right?

main-qimg-6e5992adffb44bc0f28106792b7044d6

S40.jpg

Last edited:

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I think you are on to something big. I don't think your structure is happenstance. Perhaps Cruzbike is the key to unlocking the secrets of the Universe. The energy in ATP and Cruzbike is undeniable and is a really good fit in our plan to establish a recumbent foothold in this DF dominated TTT. We need a place for you fast guys to to be challenged while we slowly build our program. If you look close you will see that is not too far away. Low Drag stubbornly will not fade away as the groups foundation for entry. High Speed is knocking at the door to set that long awaited historic PL milestone. Soon after this look for a new recumbent Latte or perhaps Frappe team. We are close, very close. Did I mention we have a new racing recumbent website? If not, it's right here: https://recumbentracing.wordpress.com/

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Our ATP boys are probably too high on sugar to notice but comparing power data from Chris, Cliff, Ben, and Larry, makes a pretty good Frappe team. This leaves room for new members and the occasional times when Jason would like a break from the high octane Espresso Division (Frappe can have up to 3 "A" racers). Or Jason could bring along 2 other A racers with him and have a dynamite Frappe team.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Our ATP boys are probably too high on sugar to notice but comparing power data from Chris, Cliff, Ben, and Larry, makes a pretty good Frappe team. This leaves room for new members and the occasional times when Jason would like a break from the high octane Espresso Division (Frappe can have up to 3 "A" racers). Or Jason could bring along 2 other A racers with him and have a dynamite Frappe team.

Blasphemy, such an alignment of the stars does not exist.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Chris, Cliff, Ben, and Larry, makes a pretty good Frappe team... Or Jason could bring along 2 other A racers with him and have a dynamite Frappe team.
Thanks @trplay
@RojoRacing I bet you could increase our speed solely by coaching. You wouldn’t have to allow the data hungry blasphemer surfers to see your name recorded. Although Rojo Racing’s Recumbent Dork Protégés does have a nice ring to it or would it be Rojo’s Recumbent Racing Dorks or Dodging Drafting Dorks by Rojo Recumbent Racing or Dodging Draughting Dorky Recumbent Rac. —-error found in humour circuits, please stand by—-

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Thanks @trplay
@RojoRacing I bet you could increase our speed solely by coaching. You wouldn’t have to allow the data hungry blasphemer surfers to see your name recorded. Although Rojo Racing’s Recumbent Dork Protégés does have a nice ring to it or would it be Rojo’s Recumbent Racing Dorks or Dodging Drafting Dorks by Rojo Recumbent Racing or Dodging Draughting Dorky Recumbent Rac. —-error found in humour circuits, please stand by—-
I vote "Rojo’s Recumbent Racing Dorks". It can be arranged, just say yes!