Is Silvio front fork custom?

cycleguy

HI all,

Just wondering if the front fork on the Silvio is custom for it or is it a standard fork? Normally a front fork wouldn't have a wheel with a cluster of gears on it, does this change the width? On just a visual inspection, it doesn't look like it changes much... the length of the wheel hub looks shorter from a rear wheel to a front wheel compensating for the additional width of the cluster.

Also, is the hanger on the Silvio that is upfront custom also?

Thanks
Harold

PS. Been having an awesome season with my Silvio! Great group rides of 40 miles at 19mph avg speeds!

JonB

Zen MBB Master
cycleguy wrote: HI all,

Just wondering if the front fork on the Silvio is custom for it or is it a standard fork? Normally a front fork wouldn't have a wheel with a cluster of gears on it, does this change the width? On just a visual inspection, it doesn't look like it changes much... the length of the wheel hub looks shorter from a rear wheel to a front wheel compensating for the additional width of the cluster.
As far as i know, the standard front wheel axle width is 100 mm. Silvio uses racing gear which i think is 130 mm. Freerider and Sofrider uses MTB/internal gear hubs, which i think is 135mm.

So, i think the front fork is a custom fork.