it's Official UCI accepts recumbents

trplay

Zen MBB Master
On the 9th of December, the inaugural UCI sponsored Cycling Esports Mens and Womens World Championships will take place. I believe this is the first UCI World sponsored event in which your recumbent bike was eligible. Just thought you might like to know.

Greg S

Interesting.

Especially since AFAIK neither Zwift nor Rouvy have a profile for recumbents. I'm not familiar with any of the other plethora of trainer platforms (Trainer Road, Sufferfest, ...) but it would seem to me that in the interest of "level playing field" the UCI would insist on that.

But to be honest I don't really know that much about Esports rules or competitions so it could be that it doesn't matter.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Interesting.

Especially since AFAIK neither Zwift nor Rouvy have a profile for recumbents. I'm not familiar with any of the other plethora of trainer platforms (Trainer Road, Sufferfest, ...) but it would seem to me that in the interest of "level playing field" the UCI would insist on that.

But to be honest I don't really know that much about Esports rules or competitions so it could be that it doesn't matter.

They insist on all the trainers be the same along with a second set of the same model PM's. This year they have provided all the racers the TACX NEO 2T. Pretty sure the bike you use is the one that got you there.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Just to be sure I wasn't putting out bogus information I asked Jordan Cheyne who will be representing Canada tomorrow in the UCI Worlds. I love his response regarding the UCI getting bent out of shape. He is a recumbent friendly Pro who rides for Elevate. Cheer him on if you ever get the chance. His response: "Thanks Hardy! I think in theory you could use one although the UCI might get bent out of shape seeing it on the live streaming. There wasn't a rule in the book I read against it though".
So whose gonna make history next year?