Kit on Kestrel??

CTE766

Does anyone know if such a thing will work? For those who are not familiar with a Kestrel, it's a carbon fiber frame - unusual shape. This one is full Deore Xt equipped.
1117_8ed178dee7c1e8668aa17dd7934b8df7
1117_9919afaab4be8f566626d8679bdd0b6d
1117_ad89c86b797112f00a0af727deb101cf
I haven't ridden it for a while and if a kit would work ...It may resurrect to a new life !!

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
I agree with these folks - very cool frame but by the time you've fiddled around with things to lower the seat it might not be such a nice frame anymore.

Better to find something with a lower top tube, although I know that this is getting harder as time progresses.

If you have other bike you're considering please let us know what's on your list.

Best,

Doug

CTE766

Thanks for the replies....Sort of what I figured. A few years back, on the way home in the dark- cranking hard up a hill I did a quick 3 pointer over the handlebars when the front wheel of my road bike hit a palm leaf stem.
To make along story short, by the time my broken finger and torn thumb ligaments healed I was out of tone and not particularly anxious to get back on that Brooks brick!
I have since bought a couple of Catrikes and the desire for a two wheeler has been gnawing at me again.....Been thinking about a recumbent...but can't make up my mind. My wife rides the cat OK but doesn't want to ride a DF. As it stands I have the 2 Cats , the Kestrel, 3 roadbikes - a Japanese bonded aluminum,superlight and a Japanese Zebrakenko CROmolly. I also have a touring frame Raleigh hand brazed in Notingham with sew-ups...... So it's kind of tough to justify buying a Rans or Lightning.....
I suppose I could sell the road bikes, but who buys used bikes these days. :cry:

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
CTE766 wrote:
I suppose I could sell the road bikes, but who buys used bikes these days. :cry:

If they have horizontal dropouts.... KIDS! The only people that have money, too! There's a fixed gear craze going on and these kids are snapping up classic road bikes and converting them. Old Schwinns you used to be able to pick up for five or ten dollars at yard sales are now commanding over $100, for the frame!

Mark