Lack of grip on front end wheel on strong slope

romuald.josien

Hi,

After 2 years of Silvio practice, I'm VERY happy with my Silvio.
tounge_smile.gif

...fully confortable, I can drop handlebars at high or very low speed...
shades_smile.gif

riding hours without any pain compared to my previous legacy bike...
and passing on the Sunday morning many riders on their very nice legacy bike...
Some make effort to catch up with me to ask : "your bike seems to go well! where did you buy it?..."
other ones disapear in my rear view mirror
devil_smile.gif

Living in the Alpes I dont have choice, I regularly climb strong hills and my +100Kg weight doesn't really help me...

There, some thin riders get their revenge alt="angry"
angry_smile.gif title="angry

I noticed that on strong slope, my front end wheel lacks grip on the road.
By raising up a bit my body, it resolves the issue because I think the upper position rebalances a bit the weight on the front wheel.

Did Cruzbike investigate this issue?
Wouldn't a slighltly different geometry be able to distribute more weight on the front of the bike? (making the seat closer to front wheel for instance...)

I'm afraid that Vendetta be worst from that standpoint?

Thnaks for your feedback
Romuald

fthills

Hi Romuald,
Vendetta does not

Hi Romuald,

Vendetta does not have same problems with wheel spin. You can make the front wheel spin on the V, but you have to apply big ,sudden power on a steep slope, in a very low gear like ,30 tooth chainring and 34 on the cassette. Like a hot rod at the green light.
regular_smile.gif

romuald.josien

Strange??

Thanks for your feedback.

I should admit I'm a bit surprised as I would think that the weight distribution on Vendetta is still more on the back wheel...

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Yes, more laid back, but I

Yes, more laid back, but I moved the seat forward and lengthened the wheelbase. The seat is also a little lower, and that keeps weight more centered as the slope climbs.