Looking for a S or V on a budget

cragnostic

Hi all!
I’m new to biking in general, but quickly realized as I started doing more miles on my upright that I both wanted to go faster and be more comfortable. Hence, my interest in Cruzbikes!
If anyone has a lead on a S or V that’s in good shape and can work for someone like me that can’t justify the price of a new bike, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Not sure why that’s important, but I just have a cheap road bike right now. ~28 pounds, 700c, 1x7, non-brifter.
Wouldn’t want to migrate components.
With "cheap road bike, 28lbs, 1x7" that opens up this suggestion: a used Q (Q45, QX100, Quest) would be an upgrade and a great way to get into Cruzbike - the price is right, and the seating position is adjustable to allow you to make adjustments as you learn and find out what your preferences are. Then when you know more or when someone puts up your ideal ride for sale then you can upgrade to exactly what you want.

Just my two cents. (I have been known to be a bit of a thrifty chap.)

cragnostic

Not a fan of the Superman/grip shifter setup, rode a Corsa and that was the biggest annoyance to me. That, and inability to use my arms to put more power down.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Not a fan of the Superman/grip shifter setup, rode a Corsa and that was the biggest annoyance to me. That, and inability to use my arms to put more power down.
I agree. Grip shift is not my favourite but it works fine on my QX100. The bar that I have came with when I got it used and it is a Salsa Woodchipper. It puts the hands fairly vertical and the grip shift is better that way - quite good. A simple bar swap may be in your future. I do prefer the bar on my conversion kit (see my avatar) which is in between angles, narrower, further forward, and has 1998 era Shimano XT/XTR trigger shifters. The shape is better but probably harder to learn on. Trigger shifters are just the bomb.