Looking for an S40 seat

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I have a seat and cushion off a v20, will it fit?
It will fit (same mounting holes from the frame) - but it will not have the little extension that they now sell with the S40 - for that reason the Ventisit cushion is also a little longer

AbramClark

I'm also considering a Thor seat since they're so much cheaper. Hadn't heard of them until this thread. I'm planning on cutting off most the seat from my Silvio 1.0 and mounting a removable carbon one for better packing and hopefully a bit more comfort.

AbramClark

I will ship you the seat and original pad for $100.
Excellent, definitely interested, but I'm not fully decided on a Thor. Why do people use Thor seats instead of CruzBike ones? Is it simply that they're so much cheaper, or are there some other advantages? What size is it? I would want a medium Sport.

vmi1056

Excellent, definitely interested, but I'm not fully decided on a Thor. Why do people use Thor seats instead of CruzBike ones? Is it simply that they're so much cheaper, or are there some other advantages? What size is it? I would want a medium Sport.
Hey there, I have tried all three on my S40, stock, CB Carbon, and currently a Thor seat. For me, and all this is all personal preference, the Thor seat has been the most comfortable and enjoyable to ride. The CB Carbon seat is good too given the adjustable backrest and is made to fit so there is no cutting of tabs or altering the frame in any way but the seat pan just wasn’t contoured enough for me and caused recumbutt on longer rides. My Thor seat eliminated that issue and it provides great support on the back and in the seat area that works well for me but everyone is different. If you happen to order a Thor, it takes a little while to get one. I would also recommend emailing Greg to ensure you get the correct sizing as the chart on the website seems to be a little bit off. Hope this helps.

cruzKurt

misunderstanding, I don't have a thor seat, I have an original cruzbike v20 seat pan and pad

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@LarryOz Can you speak to the difference between the older v20 and s40 seats? Do they have the same back to seat angle? with only an extension seat pan on the s40 or is it a different angle too?

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
@LarryOz Can you speak to the difference between the older v20 and s40 seats? Do they have the same back to seat angle? with only an extension seat pan on the s40 or is it a different angle too?
@Robert Holler can probably confirm, but to the best of my knowledge the seat angle has remained the same despite the year of the model. I can't remember when they added the little front seat extension for the S40. Maybe it was always there

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
@Robert Holler can probably confirm, but to the best of my knowledge the seat angle has remained the same despite the year of the model. I can't remember when they added the little front seat extension for the S40. Maybe it was always there
That is correct - the S40 seat angle has not chanced from the first S40 batch.