M5? back box

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Hi

At the local recumbent club, which holds their meetings in Leitras production facility, there was a loose back box which i think is from M5. It should fit a 26" wheel and i tried to size it up with my freerider.

JonB

Zen MBB Master
defjack wrote: Looks good how much did it weigh?
Not much, maybe 5 kilo? The box is quite big, but the wheel goes up in the middle, so while you can have many things, you cant have that big things. I dont think my knapsack will fit in there.

Kamatu

Come prepared to strip your bike down and get some "helpers" (since we know guys always like to kibitz) to see how it would fit and with what modifications. Looks close to me.

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Kamatu wrote: Come prepared to strip your bike down and get some "helpers" (since we know guys always like to kibitz) to see how it would fit and with what modifications. Looks close to me.
I suppose i can try, but i would have to ask the owner of the box first.

Kamatu

JonB wrote:
Kamatu wrote: Come prepared to strip your bike down and get some "helpers" (since we know guys always like to kibitz) to see how it would fit and with what modifications. Looks close to me.
I suppose i can try, but i would have to ask the owner of the box first.

ALWAYS an excellent idea. :D

JonB

Zen MBB Master
not m5 box, novosport.de

Today i found out that the box is not from m5, but from novosport.de

I still havent met the owner, so i cant ask him if i can try it.

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Re: not m5 box, novosport.de

JonB wrote: Today i found out that the box is not from m5, but from novosport.de

I still havent met the owner, so i cant ask him if i can try it.
Some time ago he said i could try it, but when i actually wanted to the other day, he told me he sold it as part of some deal. So i guess i will never be able to try it.

But i dont know if that is so bad. The other day i was hit with heavy sidewin while my rear basket was full. This made the bike rather side wind sensitive. I wonder what a big box would do.