MBB Lowracer

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
This showed up on BROL tonight. I don't know any more than that.

[URL='http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_atq6Cg90KPY/SY27XJkcVvI/AAAAAAAAAZk/zaAyGlgwvRg/s1600-h/DSCN2028.JPG class="bb-url">http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_atq6Cg90KPY/SY27XJkcVvI/AAAAAAAAAZk/zaAyGlgwvRg/s1600-h/DSCN2028.JPG[/URL]

Mark

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I can't believe nobody had anything to say about this bike! Comepletely built, the bike came in around 15 pounds! The test rider said it seemed faster than a VK II. There's a video and despite the test rider being a newb to MBB, he was doing just fine. Here's some more pics and the video on this blog.

http://malricsworld.blogspot.com/

Mark

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote: I can't believe nobody had anything to say about this bike! Comepletely built, the bike came in around 15 pounds! The test rider said it seemed faster than a VK II. There's a video and despite the test rider being a newb to MBB, he was doing just fine. Here's some more pics and the video on this blog.

Mark
Why speak up when you (I) dont like the bike?

Whats the weight of your silvio?

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote: I can't believe nobody had anything to say about this bike! Comepletely built, the bike came in around 15 pounds! The test rider said it seemed faster than a VK II. There's a video and despite the test rider being a newb to MBB, he was doing just fine. Here's some more pics and the video on this blog.

Mark

I don't wanna seem like one of those BROL non-riding experts... I expect there will be more develpment in the steering/hand position area after some riding, but it is beautiful and lightweight. I'll be interested to see how it progresses.

Thanks for the link, Mark!

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Im not in love with the handlebar setup, either. I think a pistol grip of some sort would be more appropriate. What I do like is the front end treatment, where the top tube wraps around the tire and seems like it acts as an incorporated fender and certainly, I think, keeps a lot of dirty air out of the flow. I realize that's something that could not be easily duplicated in a production bike, but it is cool.

I think the most exciting thing is; here is somebody that realizes the potential of the MBB FWD. He sees enough potential he has invested a tremendous amount of time and effort into building a custom one off and he said this is only the first rendition. He will do more with this. The more people there are riding MBB bike can only be a good thing for Cruzbike. We're still the only player on the block with a viable production bike that lives up to it's reputation.

Jon, my Silvio is probably close to double the weight of that bike. OTOH, big fat guys like me have no business riding 15 pound bikes.

Mark

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote: Im not in love with the handlebar setup, either. I think a pistol grip of some sort would be more appropriate. What I do like is the front end treatment, where the top tube wraps around the tire and seems like it acts as an incorporated fender and certainly, I think, keeps a lot of dirty air out of the flow. I realize that's something that could not be easily duplicated in a production bike, but it is cool.
It makes the adjustment of the length to the BB harder.

Mark B wrote: I think the most exciting thing is; here is somebody that realizes the potential of the MBB FWD. He sees enough potential he has invested a tremendous amount of time and effort into building a custom one off and he said this is only the first rendition. He will do more with this. The more people there are riding MBB bike can only be a good thing for Cruzbike. We're still the only player on the block with a viable production bike that lives up to it's reputation.
Yeah, and more competition might bring innovation and even better bikes.

Mark B wrote: Jon, my Silvio is probably close to double the weight of that bike. OTOH, big fat guys like me have no business riding 15 pound bikes.
okay, that is quite a difference. I am working on that belly too. Maybe i'm even too big for a Silvio at the moment. But i did have a nice 48km ride today :-D

It certainly can be an interesting project light weight and FWD. There are some smart designers and more will probably use FWD since it does have some advantages. I also took a look at one of the links this is from a lady that has a FWD but she has a longer chain. This is from a link to one of her trips to Norway and other places she takes good pictures http://bbhpv.com/
Just click on “voyages” you will also find “Autriche 2004, Grossglockner Pass.”
I was there this summer with my wife but it was on a buss trip. There is a long climb to get to this top. We did see many cycles also two on unicycles. :cool: I did get a chance to ride another place in Austria with an uncomfortable upright. One of the good things about cycling is you can see the beautiful nature which we have many places on our planet and get a good workout at the same time.

Peder

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
It's not a belly.

It's "forward assembly airflow re-attachment surface" and it has to be carefully developed. :D

I think the bike in the original picture may have been built by the builder of the "Speculoos" over-shoulder frame bikes, in which case that fellow has pretty vast experience in development - he's done a pile of steel prototypes. The head angle and steering relationships are very different from a Cruzbike, and it may effectively operate very differently such that the upper body contribution is negated.

Agreed Peder, the more fish in the pond the better to catch new ideas.

Doug

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Hardtailcruzer wrote: Agreed Peder, the more fish in the pond the better to catch new ideas.

Not only that, but the more buzz there is about FWD, the more people will be inclined to buy a Cruzbike. Sometimes, even bad buzz is good buzz. ;)

Mark

Brewmaster

I'm not sure how this bike would be bad buzz.....it's awesome!
Very, very nice lowracer....regardless of the drive assembly....
Jamie

silverlugs

Mark B wrote: We're still the only player on the block with a viable production bike that lives up to it's reputation.
But for how much longer? Sun looks to be well positioned with their MMB Razor. And if it shows up in JB Importer's catalog, every bike dealer across the USA will have immediate, ordering access.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
silverlugs wrote:
Mark B wrote: We're still the only player on the block with a viable production bike that lives up to it's reputation.
But for how much longer? Sun looks to be well positioned with their MMB Razor. And if it shows up in JB Importer's catalog, every bike dealer across the USA will have immediate, ordering access.

I've never seen that Razor on Sun's site, or in JB Importers online catalog. Is the Razor available? At what pricepoint?

Mark

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
The Razor will generate buzz until someone actually rides it for any distance, or tries to make it go fast.

Anyone who's developed a Cruzbike kit bike to ride well can tell you what's wrong with that design, and it's quite a list. You need Cruzbike design elements to fix it, and they're locked up in pretty well thought-out patents.

The reason I say this is it incorporates every mistake I make with my first kit attempt, before working out the bugs.

But hey, the more the merrier...