More on Silvio Suspension Setup

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
This weekend, I decided to change up on my suspension setup. For Sunday's ride, I returned my front tire to full inflation and upped the fork pressure to 125#. The difference was pretty noticeable. The handling was faster and the wheel skip over rough surfaces discernable. Even on short little uphills, I could get the front wheel to spin. Yesterday, I again reduced the front tire and the shock pressure and it tamed my beast, considerably. The one thing I notice is the front suspension is almost too active at 115# and much more and it's too stiff. There's a real fine line to hit, but I'm convinced I'm on the right path.

Mark

Kamatu

Gah, I don't believe it, it has been almost a week since I got on the bike. Well, three of the days riding was called for rain, so I can live with that, I need it, one to watch the baby while my wife had someone here and the last was after moving almost a long ton of bags around.

Yeah, I think you are getting there, but do you have a good weight ratio reading yet? I'll be able to tell you more after the wife gets home, I've scaled back the rear suspension on mine, so I'll let you know what it does to my steering.

EDIT: She was late, so I only did my short half mile run. I loosened it up by about 1/2" and yeah, it did something to my steering, I'm not sure what. I was both more stable and more wobbly, I think the change made the front end less "heavy", but I've developed the reflexes to expect it so I'm reacting more. Not sure, will have to ride some more to tell. Biggest issues were takeoff (I had to do it twice, then twice, then once) and my two turns. I had to put my foot down and start up again for both turns and I haven't had to do that for weeks now. I don't think it is the time off the bike, I've had to skip four days a couple of times and five shouldn't make a difference.