Must be something in the water

Brad

Been struggling for weeks on end with my new Q45 and today out of nowhere, I was able to start from a stop and ride relatively straight. Strange the way it just clicks one day. I still have more practice to go but I no longer fear that I will never be able to ride this bike. Finished my 1.5 mile ride today with a big smile.

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
Well done! That was my experience years ago with the V20. The first three-quarters of the learning curve seemed steep, long, slow, and filled with a lot of doubt. But the last part came quickly and my doubts vanished. I've always struggled with the concept of faith, but buying into and learning to ride these bikes does require at least a bit of faith (along with patience and stubbornness). Eventually, and perhaps suddenly the reward does come.

Bo6

The smile makes all worthwhile. I have 130 km on my Q45 and my arms and legs suddenly started to work together and riding became fun. The learning curve is a bit steeper than the Burley LWB I had borrowed for a month. The Q45 is a better climber, though the stock gearing is a bit too high for the hills around here. I think if I borrow the 1X12 Scram NX transmission off my mountain bike the 50 tooth should let me climb almost everything I could on my Trek Domane with the 34-32 gear.

Would love to try a V20 though I suspect the seat may hit the nerve that stopped my DF bike riding. I had make a fiberglass seat bottom to get the Q45 to work. Ended up dropping it 25mm (1/2 inch) and moved as far forward as possible to allow me to get a more laid-back position.

Attachments

• e-bike total.jpg
    e-bike total.jpg
    683 KB · Views: 11
  • E-seat mount.jpg
    E-seat mount.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 11

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Would love to try a V20 though I suspect the seat may hit the nerve that stopped my DF bike riding.
Hi Bob,
Where are you located? I am in Hilton Head Island and have virtually every Cruzbike model ever made.
Also have the newest models including the V20C for you to try. I really doubt aying on the V20C would hit the same nerve your upright bike did. If the Q45 doesn't the V20C probalby will not either as even less of your upper body weight is focused on your rear.
It's worth the trip.
www.cruzbikemuseum.com
Larry

Bo6

Hi Larry,
You may be right, but the upturn on the stock seat hit the area, especially when I stop and put a leg down.

I am on Vancouver Island BC. Would love to see you collection if I was a bit closer, love teh look of some of the carbon version hanging from the ceiling. The Q 45 seems like a nice all around bike option, just a bit slow for my regular group rides. Guess I'll stick with the slower "touring" group and enjoy the scenery. I'll keep my eye open for a chance to try a V20 or S40.

Bob

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Hi Larry,
You may be right, but the upturn on the stock seat hit the area, especially when I stop and put a leg down.

I am on Vancouver Island BC. Would love to see you collection if I was a bit closer, love teh look of some of the carbon version hanging from the ceiling. The Q 45 seems like a nice all around bike option, just a bit slow for my regular group rides. Guess I'll stick with the slower "touring" group and enjoy the scenery. I'll keep my eye open for a chance to try a V20 or S40.

Bob
I live in a suburb outside Seattle. You are welcome to stop by to try my S40 (or V20 on the trainer). Both have Thor seats installed. Just send me a private message.

Michael

Bo6

I live in a suburb outside Seattle. You are welcome to stop by to try my S40 (or V20 on the trainer). Both have Thor seats installed. Just send me a private message.

Michael
Thanks Micheal, if I get down your way I'll contact you