My first big ride with the Silvio

backley

Hey forum folks,
I just wanted to report on my first big ride with my Silivo. I rode 57 miles in a benefit event here in Oregon called, Reach the Beach. I averaged 13.7 mph and this is better than my average speed with my old up-right bike (This is better than the 12.8 that I posted on this same route with my old bike). The best part is that although I was a little sore and a bit tired, these 65 year old bones were in good shape as I was not bent over and unable to move my frozen arms like I was when I participated two years ago.
There were 3,000 riders and I only saw one other Silvio but I lost the fellow in the crowd so I could not meet up with him. Now we have a metric century and a full century on the calendar for June.
I can only say thank you to you forum users for encouraging me to buy the Silvio and to persevere in adjusting to using it. Thanks too to John for such a beautiful designed and smooth machine.
You can color me with a smile on my face,
:)Blaine

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Congratulations, Blaine! That's fantastic news; glad you had a great ride. Isn't the Silvio the greatest?

If I had to make a guess, I would guess the other Silvio rider you saw was Brewmaster.

Mark

Brewmaster

It wasn't me....so there must be three! I did ride in the HPV races at PIR. I'll make a post about that when the official results come out!
Jamie