New adjustable seat, not?

TransAm

I just installed the new adjustable seat using the hardware in the kit, NP. But when I tried to remove the top two of four bolts to adjust the seat, the lock nuts jammed, so I can't turn the screws in them at all. Has anyone else run into this problem, and how did you solve it?

TransAm

Well, I ended up using a nut breaker on the two seized nuts, but that wasn't pretty. The cheap nut breakers available from the hardware store or auto parts shop are of poor quality, so it's difficult to get the cutter to engage the nut without slipping off.

TransAm

I set it up in the next to longest position, and it was too short. But when I tried to move it up to the longest position, the bolts wouldn't turn.

While screwing around with that, I found my frame was cracked. So I just removed the seat.

Randyc3

So….zero miles on the seat. Very interested in your cracked frame too. Hope you will post any news. Thanks again.

cruzKurt

I set it up in the next to longest position, and it was too short. But when I tried to move it up to the longest position, the bolts wouldn't turn.

While screwing around with that, I found my frame was cracked. So I just removed the seat.
Had the same problem, Vise Grips and socket wrench to break them both in half. Mine were loosened a bit before they galled, so there was lots of room to grab them.

TransAm

Had the same problem, Vise Grips and socket wrench to break them both in half. Mine were loosened a bit before they galled, so there was lots of room to grab them.
Mine seized as I started to loosen them, and I stripped out the hex head, so I had to cut through the nuts.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I just installed the new adjustable seat using the hardware in the kit, NP. But when I tried to remove the top two of four bolts to adjust the seat, the lock nuts jammed, so I can't turn the screws in them at all. Has anyone else run into this problem, and how did you solve it?
This happened to me on my trip.
I bought a small hacksaw, cut them off, and replaced them.

Love the seat otherwise!