New Bag Install (and computer...)

Brewmaster

Hey All,
I ended up buying a Radical Designs Solo Racer like defjack, and after reading markb's concerns about removability, here is what I came up with....please be patient with all the pics.
The original set up is difficult to remove at best.....

Brewmaster

A couple of side release buckles and a slide lock or two from my local camping store, and voila, 1 buckle and 1 slide lock and the bag comes off.

Brewmaster

Bag height is a bit lower, and the stays keep it away from the wheel. Just pop the upper buckle and release the slide lock and off it comes....

Brewmaster

Here is the Trek wireless computer....I bought the heart rate strap as well. Speed, Cadence and Heart Rate....all digital wireless.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
What are the chances of getting the bags to ride higher? They're kind of hanging down in the airflow a little.... Not bad, but definitely down there. Good Job!

On your computer; I've found that the easiest way to change flats is to flip it over on the seatback and handlebars. Will your computer remain out of harms way if you do that?

Cool beans, thanks for the updates!

Mark

Brewmaster

Hey Mark,
The bags are kind of triangular, so as long as the bottom of the triangle is a little lower than the carboyoke, all would be fine. I'm not using water bottles, so I don't get the cage support like defjack. If you look at the last picture of the bags, I can go up a good 4 inches, but above the carboyoke, the bags end up hitting the stays and they rotate around the stay and rub on the tire. You could probably add some kind of horizontal spacer on the stay to keep the bags in line....I'll experiment.....and I'll check out the computer clearance.
Jamie

Gromit

Guru
Brewmaster wrote: Hey Mark,
The bags are kind of triangular, so as long as the bottom of the triangle is a little lower than the carboyoke, all would be fine. I'm not using water bottles, so I don't get the cage support like defjack. If you look at the last picture of the bags, I can go up a good 4 inches, but above the carboyoke, the bags end up hitting the stays and they rotate around the stay and rub on the tire. You could probably add some kind of horizontal spacer on the stay to keep the bags in line....I'll experiment.....and I'll check out the computer clearance.
Jamie
Mark would be far too modest to post a link to his own thread about a homebrew computer mount so here it is just in case you haven't already found it. ;) :)