New Dates for Cruzbike Ride Retreat!

Jeffrey Palter

Ha! I can go to this one.
Hello Bob Ratz
Could you please tell me what rear disc you are using in this pic (your avatar pic)?
I'm looking for a front disc that can used as a rear wheel on a V20. Thanks in advance, Jeffrey

Attachments

• brolavatar.jpg
    brolavatar.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 5

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hello Bob Ratz
Could you please tell me what rear disc you are using in this pic (your avatar pic)?
I'm looking for a front disc that can used as a rear wheel on a V20. Thanks in advance, Jeffrey
Hi Jeffrey - Bob has been super busy at work and not sure he is really active on this forum right now.
I believe that where in his picture is a Flo90 (https://www.flocycling.com/wheels_rear_flo_90_cc.php) tubeless wheel with a wheel-builder earo-jacket disc cover (http://www.wheelbuilder.com/aerodisc.html). Either that or it might be a Boyd wheel. I have both. I think the FLO's are less expensive and appear to be of equal quality.
Hope this helps.
Are you going to Mid-Atl? I can bring a rear full disc covered wheel for you to try if you like. Just let me know.

Jeffrey Palter

Larry--thank you for taking on the reply in Bob's absence. Life's ebbs & flows...
Thanks for the info, hard to know if it's a Euro-jacket as that site states the covers are not compatible with front wheels...I checked Boyd's site and sent them an email...as well as Renn (which is the brand I saw on Jim P's rear/front disc from 2017)...I"m in the Boston, MA area, not exactly Mid-Atlantic, thanks for the offer. I'm considering an Etap Hydro brake build, therefore I may have to find the deepest front wheel that I can use--probably from Roval or Bontrager--and put off the disc for the time being, or find a way to make a cover for it. Jeffrey

NeaL

Guru
So... Any pics or video posted anywhere, yet? I took only a few pics on Friday morning but kinda forgot to take any more pictures after that.

Sunrise and my Sofrider, with & without flash.
43952210_10218314758407474_8273060915742507008_o.jpg
43732156_10218314758207469_7625820975006744576_o.jpg
43633720_10218314758527477_4897281213099671552_o.jpg

NeaL

Guru
Perhaps next year we can find a place near Nashville if the Recumbent Convention stays in the same place.

Oh, a combined CRR with a RCC in the mix? I was confused by the mention yesterday about a possible Midwest CRR next year but this could be interesting.
Imagine a CRR group ride to the RCC resulting in a few dozen attendees in “CRUZBIKE” jerseys milling about the convention floor.

I’m in!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
So... Any pics or video posted anywhere, yet? I took only a few pics on Friday morning but kinda forgot to take any more pictures after that.

Sunrise and my Sofrider, with & without flash.
43952210_10218314758407474_8273060915742507008_o.jpg
43732156_10218314758207469_7625820975006744576_o.jpg
43633720_10218314758527477_4897281213099671552_o.jpg
Are there any more photos or reports of the retreat?

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Great Photos, especially Maria's Sunset!
It's good to see so many Quests, and T50s!
Yellow Vendettas are STILL the best looking!

What was it like pedalling backwards on the back to back tandem?
Is this going to be in the Cruzbike line up next year?

Last edited:

NeaL

Guru
The tandem may be set up so that the 2nd person is facing the rear but the rear cyclist pedals forwards as usual. The chain from the rear BB to the cassette crosses over in a figure 8 pattern.

I didn’t get to try it but my son did.

There was one ride on a quiet back road when Jim & Maria were riding the tandem and had pulled up in front of my kids as they were pedaling along side-by-side. It was really cool because she could talk and chat with them behind her, facing them, as they pedaled. A tandem such as this one would be great for teaching a riding class or doing rear-facing camera work.
There was enough isolation and flat straightaways on this road, my kids could have been tutored in the art of drafting, though at a slower learning speed.
This might even be a good thing to have in some rehabilitation programs. It would be much easier to hear each other, two people cycling along this way. For example, a cyclist on the back seat who can do sign language, communicating with a deaf cyclist riding solo behind them.
My kids are getting really good at riding their Cruzbikes without using their hands. I wonder if there has been any interest in Cruzbikes yet, among the deaf.

Last edited:

3WHELZ

Guru
I noticed one pic has Robert standing in front of the green S40 and he is wearing glasses under his GIRO Vanquish helmet and what appears to be a Bluetooth mic/speaker attached to the chin strap. Despite what GIRO states, it appears that you can wear prescription glasses under the shield. I use a single Bluetooth earbud for receiving calls when necessary, but I am interested in Robert's selection which does not require placing something in your ear and seems well secured. I had mine pop out once doing 25+mph and thought that I would never find it off the side of the road. Thanks

Thanks for sharing photos. It looks fun. I wish I could have made it there.
Note to @Jim Parker: You need a better way to carry sandals. Maybe a bungee net that straps under the Race Case. Also change to Xero sandals for a smaller profile.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed one pic has Robert standing in front of the green S40 and he is wearing glasses under his GIRO Vanquish helmet and what appears to be a Bluetooth mic/speaker attached to the chin strap. Despite what GIRO states, it appears that you can wear prescription glasses under the shield. I use a single Bluetooth earbud for receiving calls when necessary, but I am interested in Robert's selection which does not require placing something in your ear and seems well secured. I had mine pop out once doing 25+mph and thought that I would never find it off the side of the road. Thanks

I use the Terrano X intercom. Works great for talking to others who have it and also for music. Mounts pretty easily to any helmet. I have never had a hard time with my glasses under the Giro helmet - maybe larger glasses would be a bad fit but not the ones I wear.