New Silvio on the road CBSV-058

Drew

I am thrilled to have my Silvio on the road but I have also been humbled. My first ride was very reminiscent of the first hours I spent learning to fly a helicopter. I figure every Silvio rider has to log a couple failed starts, complete as least one "waddle start" and weave down the road like road like a drunken sailor. Now I have all three checked off.

After just 90 minutes I feel much more comfortable on the bike and starts are no problem (even uphill).
The bike is much more comfortable than anticipated and the suspension is a welcome addition to my daily ride. I look forward to mastering the basics so I can get it up to speed with confidence. I was riding at 30 kph today with hardly any effort which wasn't too wise on the first day.

The bike itself is thing of beauty. The SRAM Red components are just amazing and shifts are fast and crisp. It weighs in at 24.5 lbs but that was using an ordinary scale. Here are a few pictures.

1522_0dba080798b5aa26696abe8a1897cdc0

1522_32e7153c0b48b2d9440b77cc152c0716

1522_db262facd59e60b5051d70c81250c1ab

WhiteSilvio

Re: New Silvio on the road CGSV-058

Hi Drew,
Nice Silvio!! You'll be flying soon! :D

Did you build the bike up yourself?

Regards,
John R.

Drew

Re: New Silvio on the road CGSV-058

Thanks John.

SRAM strongly recommends facing and chasing the BB shell before installing the external bearings. The facing tool alone costs more than the frame so I had my LBS do the BB and crankset installation. The rest I did over two nights.

Youtube has tutorial videos for installing and adjusting every SRAM component which I viewed several times before the bike arrived. Without those videos the installation would have taken much longer. The frame set itself was a piece of cake.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Drew,

That's a fine looking bicycle!

Don't push yourself on mastering the nuances of the Silvio. After you get the basics, you will be fine tuning your riding style for months; I think that's half the fun of it. I'm half anxious for the Santa Ana winds this fall. Crossing high winds have been kind of scary for me, but I think this year will be much better.

Mark

Drew

Thanks Mark

I am really enjoying riding the learning curve. The only thing I don't like about this bike is parking it at the end of my ride.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Drew wrote: The only thing I don't like about this bike is parking it at the end of my ride.
Really? I find that to be no issue. All the weight is in the front end, so you don't have to worry about leaning the back end too much. Just lean the front end, it won't go anywhere. If room is tight, don't forget the front end can fold back against the seat pan, too. If worse comes to worse, you can always flip it upside down, too, though I admit that's the least appealing option.

Mark

Drew

Mark, I guess I should use those smilies because my sense humour does not come across well in a forum. What I meant is that I don't like ending my my ride and going to work.

:)
Drew

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Drew wrote: Mark, I guess I should use those smilies because my sense humour does not come across well in a forum. What I meant is that I don't like ending my my ride and going to work.

:)
Drew

Ahhhhhh! :oops: :oops: Gotcha and I know that feeling. I just remind myself, "Only 8 hours until I get to ride again!" :D

Mark