New Silvio

3wheel

This is my first post so I will say Hello to the board. I have been reading the post and the reviews for some time now. I got my Silvio built and finally was able to ride it the last few days... WOW! what a nice bike and fast. I have 30 plus miles on it so far and have to say the first couple was a trip, but getting the feel of it now.
I built it up with a SRAM Rival groupo and Aerospoke wheels. The only problem I am having is the pump that come with the air fork has a leak where it is cremped to the little black hose. I can only get about a 100 PSI in it and it bottoms out as I am about 210 lbs. Does anyboby know where I can get another Kind Shock Pump? I am afraid it will harm the fork if I keep riding it that way. :cry:
So here is a few Pics if I can get them to upload. Not very good pics but here they are..

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Beautiful bike!!! I love the Aerospokes on there!

Oh yeah, welcome to the board, too!

I'm sure you can get another pump. I have two extras and if you happen to have a regular mountin bike shock pump available to you, that will work, too.

Mark

Nanda H.

Sweet looking Silvio...always loved Aerospokes. Lucky you got one as they are listed on the Catalog & Prices pages as temporarily out of stock.

Regarding the shock pump, Topeak makes a nice unit that is a little easier to use, portable and even has a cool carbon facia to match your Silvio:
http://topeak.com/products/Mini-Pumps/PocketShockDXG

"

thumbnail"

3wheel

Thanks for the comments on the Silvio guys. That Topeak Pocket Shock pump looks like its just what I am looking for... Thanks Nanda.

WhiteSilvio

3wheel wrote: Thanks for the comments on the Silvio guys. That Topeak Pocket Shock pump looks like its just what I am looking for... Thanks Nanda.
Hi 3wheel,
Just out of curiosity which end of the crimped flexible tube is leaking?

If it is the connection end, well you might be able to get someone to re-crimp it, someone working with hydraulic hoses should have a machine or tool to re-crimp the fitting.

If it is the pump body end that's leaking it may be that the crimp is leaking, or if you're "lucky" it could just be the threaded fitting that attaches the hose to the pump body. In which case undoing that and making sure both parts of the thread are clean, and then using a small amount of teflon thread tape, of maybe a "loctite" type product for sealing, will seal the thread.
If it is the crimp at that end of the hose it would be possible to get it re-crimped.

And don't forget that there should probably be some kind of warranty on the pump to last more than "5 minutes". One would imagine that if you can find a "kindshock" dealer or distributor then they should be able to either service the unit or replace it.

By the way I like the look of your Silvio, the clean look, particularly with the Aerospoke wheels. I reminds me of VeloLEV's red Silvio, but I guess the newer frames all produce pretty similar looking bikes. Good looking! :)

Cheers,
John R.