New to me Cruzbike S40

Paul Brown

A second hand dtore listed a Cruzbike S40 for sale… I went down to look at it, virtually unridden, shiny black with Shimano Ulterga 10 spd triple group on it. I road tested a Cruzbike years ago, but life got in the way and I never bought one. This one caught my eye and it’s now mine. I owned a bike shop for over 40 years, rode the Davis Double Century 20 times, twice on a track bike. I finally get a chance to play with this unique bike. I had a stroke last year, so haven’t done a lot of riding recently, (I’m 75), don’t really want to crash before I get my Watchman device that keeps the left atrial appendage from spitting out clots and allows me to stop taking heart meds…blood thinners… meanwhile I’ll polish and tickle the drive train on this beauty…I had several clients back in the day win the Nationals in their respective age categories…

Tuloose

Guru
Welcome Paul, I'm sure that with practice you're going to love the Cruzbike. It's a different kind of beast and takes time to tame.
Wow! 20 Davis Doubles. That's quite an accomplishment.
I'm 77 and have been Cruzbiking for almost 10 years now. I love my V20 for it's comfort and speed and my T50 is my everyday just riding around bike.

Paul Mez

A second hand dtore listed a Cruzbike S40 for sale… I went down to look at it, virtually unridden, shiny black with Shimano Ulterga 10 spd triple group on it. I road tested a Cruzbike years ago, but life got in the way and I never bought one. This one caught my eye and it’s now mine. I owned a bike shop for over 40 years, rode the Davis Double Century 20 times, twice on a track bike. I finally get a chance to play with this unique bike. I had a stroke last year, so haven’t done a lot of riding recently, (I’m 75), don’t really want to crash before I get my Watchman device that keeps the left atrial appendage from spitting out clots and allows me to stop taking heart meds…blood thinners… meanwhile I’ll polish and tickle the drive train on this beauty…I had several clients back in the day win the Nationals in their respective age categories…
Hey Paul - I'm 65 (young punk) - just bought my S40 2 weeks ago. I'm not in your riding league but I've done a bunch of centuries and did a Ride the Rockies tour once. The bike does take a while to get comfortable with -- I'm still riding neighborhood roads - about 50 miles in. Hardest part for me now is to ride super straight line so I can live when riding in traffic. Hang in there with your health challenges - there is plenty of life after a stroke.

slitespd

Wow………………20 DDC’s, awesome Paul. I moved to AZ from the Sacramento region 6 years ago but rode the DD once in 2006 and the Death Ride once in 1999. Once on each was good enough for me.

Nice find on the S40 and best of luck in your recovery and new adventure.

I am 6 months in to recumbent riding and like the change. I’d like to find an S40 but not at $4600+ with only saving about three lbs. over my current Bacchetta.