New Vendetta For Sale in Central Illinois

dhardin215

-----THIS BIKE HAS BEEN SOLD-----

Being a recumbent high racer rider I was intrigued by the front wheel drive design of the Vendetta, so I ordered the (medium size) frame set on pure speculation. After building it and riding it about 50 miles I decided that the MBB style was just not for me. I've read elsewhere in the forum that current recumbent riders have the hardest time adjusting to the MBB style bikes and I can see how that is probably true. So, this gorgeous Vendetta is now for sale. I have about $4,200 in the build and would like to get as much of that back as possible. If interested, my email is dhardin215@gmail.com.

I used the Sram Force group set, all new. The only thing (slightly) used are the Alex 32-ODX wheels which I had on the shelf. The above dollar amount allows nothing for the wheels. The group set consists of:

-Sram Force compact 34/50 crankset 172.5mm
-Sram BB
-Sram Force 10 speed double tap shifters front and rear
-Sram Force 10 speed WiFli medium cage rear derailleur
-Sram Force front derailleur
-Sram Red front and rear road brake calipers
-Sram PG-1070 cassette 11X32

IMG_20131014_080229_404.jpg

IMG_20131014_080239_025.jpg

IMG_20131014_080326_339.jpg

IMG_20131014_080437_982.jpg

IMG_20131014_080530_335.jpg

IMG_20131014_080608_963.jpg

scabinetguy

50 miles

I didn't get comfortable on my Vendetta for at least 300-400 miles ( 3 or 4 weeks ). Now , if it weren't for the potholes, I'd probably fall asleep. You might give it a little more time, the effort is definitely worth it.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Which high racer are you

Which high racer are you riding now? As a current recumbent rider is your high racer significantly different in rider positioning or fit?

E.g. other than the MBB/FWD aspect, how do you fit on the Vendetta compared to your other bike? You may be able to tweak the fit and discover it works for you after all. There are a lot of adjustment possibilities that can make a big difference in how the bike feels to ride.

-Eric

KiwiGuy

You may be doing yourself a disservice

I recall 8 years ago when I moved from riding a df to riding my first RWD high-racer, that it took me around three full months of riding to get reasonably comfortable on the bike.

Even then I still wasn't fully comfortable with starting and stopping with the high bottom-bracket, nor with handling tight slow-speed corners. And it took me much longer than that to get used to climbing in an efficient manner.

At the time I was riding on the road four days a week for about 7 to 8 hours a week. Let's call that about 90 hours over three months at an average of 23 kph. That's just over 2,000km - or about 1,200 miles.

It seems to me that a move from a RWD high-racer to a Vendetta is going to take the same amount of work. If you've only done 50 miles on the bike, you may be doing yourself a great disservice by giving up now. What would be the harm of putting in a 1,000 miles and then evaluating how you feel about the bike?

Kind regards...