Newbie garage question for V20

Rlordjr

Hey how do you all hang/store/keep your Cruzbikes in the garage? I have a wall-mounted rack that is not going to work because it is designed for a DF top-tube. I could hang it by the wheels from the ceiling with big hooks. Maybe hang it by just the front or rear wheel (vertical). Just wondering if anyone has a simple wall or ceiling-mount storage device to recommend. Thanks!

V20 in Atlanta

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Make sure your rims can handle hanging from the ceiling first. My rims have a CF fairing so I can't hang mine but it would suck to damage a rim from that. I used to hang my DF bike from the ceiling, however my V20 just sits on a floor stand.

Rlordjr

Make sure your rims can handle hanging from the ceiling first. My rims have a CF fairing so I can't hang mine but it would suck to damage a rim from that. I used to hang my DF bike from the ceiling, however my V20 just sits on a floor stand.
My rims are pretty simple so I think I can hang it from the rear wheel no problem. They are standard aluminum rims.

In my shop I screwed a front wheel rack like you would find in a bike shop to the floor so it stays put and roll the V20's front wheel into it

Attachments

• 61K6Im0ow2L._AC_SX425_.jpg
    61K6Im0ow2L._AC_SX425_.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 2

jond

Zen MBB Master
The weight of the front wheel end endears hanging by the rear wheel. I hang bikes with carbon wheels. Just put old inner tube over plastic hooks as eventually the plastic wears. Saves heaps of space on garage floor.