Off Road cycling

djf5987

Inspired by Spin Cyclz's Nov 22, 2010 photos of a Cruzbike Sofrider V2.2 with WTB Velociraptor 2.1tires, I installed Bontrager LT3 26x2.00 tires ( running 50 psi ) about a month ago; and recently upgraded the crankset to a triple with 160 mm Truvativ IsoFlow crankarms fitted with 22-32-44 Truvativ alloy chainrings from Mark Stonich / BikeSmith Design and Fabrication.

I am thoroughly enjoying riding sections of the 60 mile Delaware Canal trail in eastern PA; and am looking forward to tagging along with my mountain bike buddies on their 56 mile ride from Allentown to New Hope later this summer.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Nice! Its amazing isn't it

Nice! Its amazing isn't it how important it is to match tire pressure with conditions. With the right pressures, even really rough stuff becomes ridable.

xjcampx

I set up mine with a pair of FURIOUS FRED's 2.00...

with rear on a carbon wheel I had in the shop,
And the bike actually whines on the hard pack beaches of Hilton Head!
Now I can actually carve turns gently on the beach whithout the stock wheels...
Much more sure footed on the paved bike trails and I suspect a bit easier for the biginner...

Kurt Wever

Tire pressures

I am a three times a week bicycle commuter in the mountains of the front range of the Rockies 12-15 mi per week. I still have not worn out the tires that came with my bike ( Kenda Kwest : 26 x 1.5 ". I ride on a combination of clay/decomposed granite and asphalt.
Tire pressures really make a difference on my SoftRider V2. I run 45-48 psi in the front and just above 40 psi on the rear tire. This really helps with stability as my downhill runs are 30+ mph, and uphill on the clay decomposed granite is slick. I love this bike.