okay well n-1 and n+1 means nothing actually happened.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
okay so i am feeling somewhat like an idiot (or an addict) for not snagging one of those q45's.

and i got to thinking...hey if i sell my t 50 then i can get a q 45. because that's how the equation works.....

and i was thinking hey if i want to do the lake to lake rides and some of the other crappy surface rides, would i rather build up my t50 into a traveler or sell it and get a q45 and built it as a traveler. in order to really do it right, what ever i did i would expect that i would want to do 2x10 and then start looking for ways to keep the weight down so i could put some panniers on, and make it suitable to Colorado dirt climbs.

i really don't care much about suspension, so maybe tweaking the t50 will be sufficient? the problem might be that i would spend some stupid money reworking the t50 that would really just support building a q45 up.

anyone have any thoughts?
and no, don't just start chanting N+1 like i do to others. it won't work. okay maybe it will. no! it wont. well...

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
as soon as you take the parts off the t50 to change it over you either have parts questing for a frame

1-parts

or a frame looking for parts.

frame+1

so

1 - parts= frame -1
1 + 1 = frame + parts
2 = n

so 2 bikes no matter how you factor it.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
You must be OLD, as you are loosing your balance, and NEED a Trike!!!!

I think the T50 will be best to fit a tilting or rigid rear end, to as it already has a stiff straight rear frame, with the seat supports ending near the rear axle, AND with a straight frame you can slide the CF seat for/aft a lot to get an even wheel load of 33% each, with just you, and move the seat a bit, when fully loaded to maintain the 1/3 weight per wheel!!!!

The T50 can take 26"*2.3" tyres, so with you (90kg), Bike (15kg), and luggage (20kg) = 125 kg, so 62 kg each if two wheels (26'*2" @35 psi, OR 26"*2.3"@25 psi) and 42 kg if three wheels(26"*1.6" @ 35 psi, min 50 psi)!

The Q45 rear suspension is not torsional stiff enough to handle a non tilting trike two wheels, when cornering!
If not fully loaded, and only two wheels (26"*2"@35 psi), and descending hills fast, with spoon drains, then the 3" rear suspension travel will save getting too airborne!

So if riding flat country fully loaded, with rough roads, a T50 is best!
So if riding Hilly country partly loaded, with rough spoon drained roads, a Q45 (not Trike) is best!

3bs

whereabouts unknown
@ratz demonstrating math that shows adding a q would be equivalent to tweaking the t50, and @super slim telling me I need to convert a cb to trike, endorsing the t50 to trikedom when I know he is reading the frankentrike posts and that I already have an expedition and 3 greenspeeds, and another three wheeled project going.

talk about enablers.....

I love you guys.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
@benphyr i hold you personally responsible for this thought thread, as it all started with the prospect of a $1500 q if we had snagged the pair

3bs

whereabouts unknown
so last night a went to my parts bin and reread a bunch of t50 threads, and noticed that the t weighs in under the q and it quite amenable to a thor seat change and a emeljay mod, and i have almost all of the parts for such changes, and a couple extra handle bars and mechs. and reasoned that i may be able to shift around some hubs and rims and tires, and create a t50 travellers similar to @rx7mark 's bike......

which would demonstrate that @ratz 's equations can be underminded. but that math cannot be defeated only delayed, as then my take offs would be looking for a home....

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
@ratz demonstrating math that shows adding a q would be equivalent to tweaking the t50, and @super slim telling me I need to convert a cb to trike, endorsing the t50 to trikedom when I know he is reading the frankentrike posts and that I already have an expedition and 3 greenspeeds, and another three wheeled project going.

talk about enablers.....

I love you guys.
Never forget the 3 laws

iRatz.

Must follow the 3 laws.

iRatz may not support the hoarding of bike budgets of forum members or, through inaction, allow their budgets to remain un-used.

iRatz must avoid for a 1 year period new technology released by bike companies, except where such avoidance would conflict with the First Law.

iRatz must protect his own biking budget as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law