Outstanding prices

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Hello, just wondering if anyone else really hates buying cruzbike stuff due to the high prices. I just bought a boom clamp for the vendetta and had to pay total cost of €66.50 which in USA terms is probably $78 :(, that was after shipping and custom taxes. It's a joke. If there was a factory warehouse for cruzebike stuff and parts in Europe then this boom clamp would probably only be a third of the price. And I am sure a lot more people would like to buy more cruzebike stuff.

vBoomClamp.jpg

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
I feel your pain... I just paid $30 for a replacement rear derailleur hanger. I suppose that's the price we pay (no pun intended) for the best recumbent bikes on the planet, with the best customer service & support, and the best forum community there is. Best usually costs a lot more than mediocre (he said tongue in cheek). That said, I too wish we could get parts at a more 'reasonable' price point, but thanks to COVID's insidious tentacles, I fear those days are long gone.

Henri

scatter brain
A European warehouse would add its own costs. With the small customer base over here, it would probably not be cheaper. They would need to make a hard push into the Eurasian market to make a separate warehouse feasible.
(*winkwink *nudgenudge)

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Boom clamp $35
Shipping $20
Customs €11:50

(I got my numbers slightly wrong so it's more like $70)

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
In my thread I wrote about my Shimano 105 brifter woes, and it really couldn't come at a worse time. 1st, it's New Years so almost all of the bike shops are closed for the holidays. 2nd, Covid-19 has decimated the parts supply chain. 3rd, the cycling community here seems to not have been affected with all of the lockdowns so cyclists apparently have no problems upping their mileage in either commuting or taking a bit of time off from working at home to sneak in a few more rides, which means more wear-and-tear on their bikes and parts. With the extra time, they seem to be snapping up used parts more instead of simply buying a whole bike so the selection of used parts is drying up here as well. As for the boom clamp, I feel your pain. After breaking a BB clamp a while back and having to order a new one I am almost afraid to touch mine.