PA Owners - Especially Q45

Scott

I live in Mifflinburg, PA and am interested in purchasing a Q45 - but these appear to be elusive at local dealers. Why?

Scott

Unfortunately, recumbents manufacturers are not big names like Trek and Giant. So to own one in most cases you have to purchase on line. This is because bike shops in many cases won't even handle recumbents because there are not big sales of recumbent bikes. If you are interested in riding before you buy, I know that there was recently a recumbent convention around Pittsburgh and Cruzbike was there. Also, I believe that Cruzbike has now moved their headquarters to Massachusett.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
...Cruzbike has now moved their headquarters to Massachusetts.
That's right. Give Cruzbike a call at 888-225-2789 or use the form https://cruzbike.com/pages/contact-us to start email chatter. They have a list of customers who are (more than) willing to let others try out, learn, etc.

(Newburyport, Massachusetts is where the new headquarters is but that is 440 miles = 39 hr bike ride according to google!)

Welcome @Scott !

Scott

Unfortunately, recumbents manufacturers are not big names like Trek and Giant. So to own one in most cases you have to purchase on line. This is because bike shops in many cases won't even handle recumbents because there are not big sales of recumbent bikes. If you are interested in riding before you buy, I know that there was recently a recumbent convention around Pittsburgh and Cruzbike was there. Also, I believe that Cruzbike has now moved their headquarters to Massachusett.

Thanks for the information. I'll watch for future conventions. Might make a road trip to Cruzbike headquarters in the spring!

Scott

That's right. Give Cruzbike a call at 888-225-2789 or use the form https://cruzbike.com/pages/contact-us to start email chatter. They have a list of customers who are (more than) willing to let others try out, learn, etc.

(Newburyport, Massachusetts is where the new headquarters is but that is 440 miles = 39 hr bike ride according to google!)

Welcome @Scott !
I've already emailed Cruzbike to inquire about local owners.

Apparently not too many. :(