Peregrine FWD recumbent (9 years ago)

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
The metal frame has a front fork at the back. Is the join inherently weak? And will the back wheel twist and wang about and make the handling weird? Cruzbikes have a triangle at the back. Stronger and more rigid.

Yellow one is stronger because it is one piece.

The metal one has high handlebars. The bars on my Silvio are quite high, but I think his are higher.

I notice that neither one does any real, everyday riding, like commuting. The metal one looks like it would be a breeze in the parks and streets and subways. Balance at very low speed. But he rides round the cul-de-sac and then puts it in his car. Snowflake.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
The metal frame has a front fork at the back. Is the join inherently weak? And will the back wheel twist and wang about and make the handling weird? Cruzbikes have a triangle at the back. Stronger and more rigid.

Yellow one is stronger because it is one piece.

The metal one has high handlebars. The bars on my Silvio are quite high, but I think his are higher.

I notice that neither one does any real, everyday riding, like commuting. The metal one looks like it would be a breeze in the parks and streets and subways. Balance at very low speed. But he rides round the cul-de-sac and then puts it in his car. Snowflake.

I have watched that metal one more times than I can count, and it is actually the source for my comment in another thread about taking the rear triangle off an old titanium bike to use as the front triangle on a FWD recumbent. My brother welds aluminum, stainless and carbon steel but not titanium. He and I have had so many conversations about building a similar style recumbent as that metal one.