Play in front fork

cycleguy

Hi all

I've been loving my Silvio!

But I've noticed that if I am standing still and have the front brake on and rock back and forth, there is some place in the fork. Not up and down along the shock axis, but from the front to back. The top and bottom collars seem to be in place correctly.. SHould there be any play in this direction at all??

Thanks
Harold

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
It's the fork flexing. I've noticed the same thing and I think part of It might be because of the shock. I'm not too concerned with it.

Mark

jeebus

When I sat on brian's silvio I didn't notice any flex, not that I was pedaling with any force. My guess is that if there is any play in the fork then your weight on the seat already pushes it as far forward as it's going to go. I still don't like the sound of any play at all in that direction, but this could explain why nobody seems to be noticing it in practice. As long as it's not rocking back and forth it probably doesn't translate into lost power. What do you all think?

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
jeebus wrote: When I sat on brian's silvio I didn't notice any flex, not that I was pedaling with any force. My guess is that if there is any play in the fork then your weight on the seat already pushes it as far forward as it's going to go. I still don't like the sound of any play at all in that direction, but this could explain why nobody seems to be noticing it in practice. As long as it's not rocking back and forth it probably doesn't translate into lost power. What do you all think?

I'm not detecting any loss of power in the front end. The bike has tremendous acceleration. Certainly better than the RWD recumbents I've owned.

Mark