Post mount caliper on Vendetta possible?

Title says it. Is it possible to mount post mount brake calipers on a Vendetta with i.s. mounts? I'd like to run 160 or 140 rotors.

Thanks,
Joe

jond

Zen MBB Master
Most vendetta owners use 160 front 140 rear rotors using vendetta v20 equipped iso frame mounts and 185 - 160 is to post mount adapters but that’s from memory so please research in forum . Can you mount post mount calipers. Perhaps there are adapters out there still in zombie land and I’m sure the next iteration vendetta will be flat mount and goodbye quick release. Google away. Hint again Plenty of information in forum too for actual disc brake fitting.

Last edited:

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I would like to know this as my post mount adapter doesn't work for the rear caliper so I still have a rim brake rear wheel.

jond

Zen MBB Master
I would like to know this as my post mount adapter doesn't work for the rear caliper so I still have a rim brake rear wheel.

rick Youngblood retrofitted disc brakes to his V2 David. You can only get a 140 on there though and it’s very close. You need to likely get out the file. Even on the 2017 v20 it was close. You don’t need a rear disc brake. Of course symmetry is all. ;)

The thread title is old yella gets a facelift. He had a hard time with them. But discussion of adaptors is riveting.

Last edited:

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Not a Vendetta nor V20 however for the 2019 s40: It has IS mount, I installed trp spyre SLC calliper with the 140 adapter that came with it on the rear and 160 on the front drive wheel. Then I added my qx100 wheels with rotors that match. Front good, rear calliper rubbing the spokes no matter what the adjustment. I switched to a 160 adapter and my donor disc wheel and everything was good back there.