Psycho 48 in NC on Oct 22-24

Jeffrey Ritter

Returning for its second year is Psycho 48, held outside New Bern, NC. The event is designated as the WUCA 24 Hour National Championship and offers an additional 24 hours for those who just can't get off their bike! Drafting and non-drafting (for the Championship) options are available. LOTS of room for RV's etc.

I rode the course last week--amazing opportunity for speed. Utterly flat, smoooth, and well designed with really only one left turn that requires attention. Two others are just going out and into the pit area off a public road. Soooo much smoother than Mid-Atlantic, Sebring or Borrego!! Virtually no traffic on a weekday and I am told it is even emptier on the weekends.

Carol B (Queen Psycho) is organizing--she is a veteran ultra cyclist and working hard to make it a RAAM Qualifier.

Anyway, thepsycho48.com is the website. For those not racing Borrego and who are sad N24HC has met its demise, this is a great option. And the surrounding area of New Bern is awesome place to visit before the event or afterwards, before you leave the area.

Robert Volk

A RQ here would be great! .....Now that the Texas Time Trials have also been retired this year :( (unless someone takes it over)..... 65 registrations currently for the 48 (5 of em bents) :cool:

CruzLike

Guru
Thanks, Jeffery, for the heads up. I went to the site and looked at the route on "Ride with GPS". Each lap is 87' downhill. That is a very intriguing route. I hope, at the last minute thy change the route direction.