Q45 ASSEMBLY PLEASE READ!

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all. I have covered this in the assembly instructions, and the video, but I want to post it here as well.

It appears that some of the Q45's have a few assembly errors from the factory, so they NEED TO BE CHECKED before you ride. Before you ride. Before you turn the pedals.

Ok:

The big one: Some of the rear DR's have incorrect cable routing and initial adjustment. If your cable goes "around and over" as in the first picture, this is INCORRECT.

6551-25f50a5b449720122e68c951f7acd043.jpg

The cable MUST route through the small hole and then around the back of the pinch bolt, as shown in the following image.

6550-684d5ecefdc851a215e93330aa54a57f.jpg

While the cable is disconnected, check the END LIMIT screws (3mm allen) at the back of the DR to line up the smallest cog with the jockey wheel. Make sure all cable housings are seated and the shifter is fully slack of its cable before re-attaching the cable.

Robert

Last edited:

Stitchergary

Even though I am signed in to the forum I can't see the images... On both I get:
Cruzbike Forum - Error
You do not have permission to view media within this album

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@Robert Holler

re: Stitchergary Error find: Me too, same error, same status logged in.

Is it possible to put the images directly on this thread so text and image can be seen at the same time?

Cheers,
Ben.

Never received any instruction what so ever. Invoice did not include info on assembly. Quite a rude awakening to expect a bike and receive a bunch of parts. The puzzle assembly begins. Seems this is a sestemic problem for this bike.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I just looked at the video and it is VERY GOOD, with many extra comments to avoid small mistakes!!!

Looking at the video 15 mins 35 secs in, on the seat assembly, the two brackets that attach to the seat base seem very high, higher than needed for the seat base front to be just above the frame.
The Q45 has a seat height of 25" compared to 22" for the T50, both with 26"*1.75" tyres.

How much height could be removed from these brackets?

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone. The assembly videos and links to a downloadable written google doc on assembly are located at the bottom of the Q45 purchase page where it also notes assembly is required. For bikes in general - "complete" means no additional components needed. This is not the same as "fully assembled."

"Q45 COMPLETE: The Q45 complete ships by FedEx with components pre-installed. Plan for 2-3 hours for assembly if you are a novice. Experienced mechanics will be able to complete the assembly in about 30 minutes. Step-by-step assembly guide is here."

Like has been noted the build is actually rather easy.

https://cruzbike.com/products/q45

Links at the bottom for assembly video, assembly document, learn to ride videos, rack install, fit video, learn to ride document, etc.

Yes some adjustment is needed for the derraileur and brakes, but such is the case for just about every recumbent brand/upright bike one buys.

Ride on!
:)

Opik

Can we also have measurements in cm so we don't need to pull up the converter? your products page are in inches only

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@Opik,
In fairness, those poor citizens of the USA:emoji_flag_us:, where the Cruzbike company is located, still use inches and such antiquated units as common measurement for people and general measurements :eek: (even if all scientific, medical, and many technical measurements including bicycle components use SI units = metric = cm and mm). Poor neighbours. :emoji_bulb: Maybe someday they will see the LED.:emoji_flashlight: You should see how they bake! :D
Cheers, from Canada:p:emoji_flag_ca::p

Seriously, measurements in cm would be good for international customers most of whom are less familiar with imperial units even if our friend Google can translate for us.