Q45 Assembly

Elisa

Having issues building my Q45 that arrived today. The wheels did not have protective cpas on them. I am wondering if I am missing the end cap? And what is inside the hub? Finally what is the silver screw on the chain stay for?

Last edited:

Elisa

I just realized I was watching the 2021 Q45 Assembly video. Maybe watching the Q45 video will solve my issues

Elisa

Had a great ride on the Q45. Went about 20 miles with zero issues. Top speed was 52.7mi/hr Well that’s what Strava said. But in the real world my top speed was 24 mi/hr avg speed was 11.8 mi/hr. Looking forward to getting back to riding again.5E43833D-7C90-4827-9569-F4C651B9AF9A.jpeg

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
oh.....forgot to mention: if anyone needs to adjust the brake calipers, the bolt holding them to the frame can only be loosened/tightened with a Torx T-25. Not a hex wrench. Adjustment instructions are on the RideRever website; just search 'riderever mcx-2 post mount manual' and it will come up. if anyone knows how to add a link (i don't), please do so.
Apparently they come pretty well set up from the factory most of the time (per Robert's excellent assembly video) but mine needed tweaking for sure.
Hope this info helps someone.

Dudley

Actually, I think it is the Flat Mount version we are interested in. They have 2 separate manuals. Strangely the two versions, FM and PM, take different pads. The flat mount (FM) version takes pads which are compatible with Shimano K-Type pads, the post mount (PM) version takes Shimano G-Type pads.
The K-Type pads include the Shimano BR-R9170, RS805, RS505, RS405 and RS3305 according to the Riderever web site. Shimano shows a bigger range of compatible models in the K-Type range.

The manual is at https://www.riderever.com/archive/download/seo/MCX2-FM-Manual.pdf

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Actually, I think it is the Flat Mount version we are interested in. They have 2 separate manuals. Strangely the two versions, FM and PM, take different pads. The flat mount (FM) version takes pads which are compatible with Shimano K-Type pads, the post mount (PM) version takes Shimano G-Type pads.
The K-Type pads include the Shimano BR-R9170, RS805, RS505, RS405 and RS3305 according to the Riderever web site. Shimano shows a bigger range of compatible models in the K-Type range.

The manual is at https://www.riderever.com/archive/download/seo/MCX2-FM-Manual.pdf

Thanks for pointing that out; you are absolutely right about them being flat mount brakes!

Last edited: