Q45 Updated Seat?

Velocivixen

I see that the newest Q45 has a newly designed seat pan & pad. How, specifically, is the new one different or better than the older one, other than being lighter? Does anyone know if Cruzbike will offer the new seat separately as an upgrade to older Q45’s?
Robert? What says you?

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
The new seat is a resin material. It is not necessarily lighter than the aluminum, the aluminum seat will likely be the lightest that seat could ever be... but the resin does have a bit better feel and is much more comfortable over the long haul.

It can be had as an replacement, though I can't guarantee a direct fit... it might be necessary for the old mounting plates to be re-drilled, but that is not too bad or uncommon for recumbent seats in general.

Robert

Velocivixen

Thanks for responding to you both. I don’t plan on changing the seat, as I’m still learning to ride. When I ride I notice that I’m beginning to understand the nuanced “body English” between my back & the seat. I actually think that my yoga practice helps me relax when I really want to tense (While riding). It’s quite subtle & nuanced. I’m not there yet, but I’ll get there.