Qring update

defjack

Zen MBB Master
I have my Qrings working ok now but just wanted to check for the best position. Went to Bentup cycles today and today I wsa off quite a bit.I was lucky I went in because the mechanic found the pivet bolt on the front derailer was about ready to fall off that would be no fun on a long ride.Checked out a few derailers and some are rivited and some have bolts so its a a good idea to find out what kind you have.Also got a inline adjuster put on the front derailer cable. Jack

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Went for a ride today to check everything out and everything works great including shifting.I did get a flat from a staple last week got one from a thorn. Jack

JimParker

Hi Jack,

I was wondering how you like the Q-rings now that you've had them awhile. Have you determined an ideal position for the crank relative to the eccentricity of the chaninring?

Jim

defjack

Zen MBB Master
The Q rings are working ok they are still on the Bentup cycle position.Dont know if that is the best one so I plan on trying few more positions. So far they have 900 miles on them. If I find a really good position it will be posted. Jack

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Just changed the Qring position it was a 10 min. job even with triple. Just loosen the inner chainring and you can pull the outers without removing the cranks. Just put 55 miles on the bike and im climbing much better now. New position is only 1 hole to left of the Bentup position looking at my photos. Jack

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Jack.....

We're overdue for a ride, my friend. What do you say? When are you back down in SD? Or, should we hook up at Bent up cycles?

Mark

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote: Jack.....

We're overdue for a ride, my friend. What do you say? When are you back down in SD? Or, should we hook up at Bent up cycles?
yeah, i wanna hear it too. I am very close to getting a rohloff on my freerider. I hope it assembled already, this thursday we talked about me picking it up monday. So maybe it is done :-D

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Mark im in San Diego for 2 more weeks.They are working on a bike path right now that will make a complete path around the south part of San Diego bay it should be done by march. It will be a nice ride then. I would like to go back and do the SART also. Jack

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Check out the Rotor website for information.They are elliptical chain rings.I got a set to take a little pressure off my knees. Jack