Question for the community

Should we pin verified bikes for sale post to the top of the forum for 60 days in the marketplace

• Horrible don't do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sounds good roll with 60 days

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • 30 days would be better

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 90 days would be better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
In the Market Place Forum, when someone posts a bike for sale, and we've got a sold belief that it passes the scam test, I'm proposing that we pin that add to the top of the forum for the first 60 days. That makes finding them more accessible and gives the bikes the exposure they deserve. This poll will run for 14 days. Please discuss and vote your opinion. I think at any one time, we have like 2-5 bikes for sale that would hit this criteria.

This is a good idea. Also make it easy for the seller to edit the title to add “Sold” and unpin the thread.

How long does it generally take to sell a bike? That data point seems to be a likely length of time to pin a post.

CuHead

I'm surprised that you're still letting people respond to Market Place Forum posts on their first post. What's the backstory on that?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I'm surprised that you're still letting people respond to Market Place Forum posts on their first post. What's the backstory on that?
Lack of control via the software. We can stop them from posting pictures until post number 10 but a reply is a reply and it's how they get to ten; we don't get section control over that. So It's just a bit of active monitoring. The front door is harder to get through than you'd suspect thanks to IP and email tracking. That an the bots are dumb with with the fake names. I get about 20 per day that have to be looked at and 99.9% are rejected.

CuHead

Good luck on market place control; necessary evil. Software does a good job for rides, gear, training, etc.

Last edited: