Racing on the Silvio

COBRA GT

I normally race on my Cobra low racer.But due to problems with it.I decided to race my Silvio. On the weknd of July 14/15 at the Northbrook ,IL velodrome and the next day at Kenosha velodrome in Wisconsin. [See results / pics at WISIL site.] There were many low racer bikes[ No coms, M1, and etc.] that attended. The Silvio sits too high to get any type of draft.But then the bike was not intended for velodrome racing. Silvio was raced with frt and rear disc and I faired the section underneath the seat. I practice a few laps on the track. Bike was very stable on the banking and smooth.No issue with the wind [Disc wheels].Race was a 50 lap race. I already knew I couldnt stay with the lowracer pace line so I just went out with the intention of just going a fast pace and having fun.Results: Silvio perform very well.Race for over 10 miles at a average speed of 25.4 mph and the highest speed of 31 mph.A grt weekend of racing with the Silvio.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Thumbs up!

facebook-like-button.jpg

i couldn't find

i couldn't find information/pictures on the WISIL website. Could you post a link? That's an awesome performance, by the way.

COBRA GT

WISIL site

Sorry.Not that computer savy... Go to WISIL site , click on forums, HPV racing , then the thread of WISIL recumbent racing Jul 14/15. Has results,pics and comments.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I'd say that's him.

His Silvio looks amazing with dual discs and his average speed of 25.4 mph is nothing to be ignored either. Not bad since he is on a road bike whereas the competition is on machines that are clearly best suited to closed courses.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I'd love to see a Vendetta in

I'd love to see a Vendetta in a similar setup. Has anybody fared a Vendetta? That might be really cool... :)

Marc Martin

For velodrome racing, I

For velodrome racing, I prefer my [URL='http://www.fetelenorocoase.ro/">Videochat Iasi[/URL] bike. It's not too high to catch a lot of draft and it's super light. I can't wait to take it to the velodrome next motnth.