raising seatback

heavyduty

i drilled new holes for the seat bracket to bolt to which raised the seat back about 4 inches. im 6 2 but im very long waisted the top of the seatback was digging in below my shoulderblades. raising the seatback seems to have worked (while on windtrainer) but iv lost the lateral stability of the seat pan ... because the seatback is no longer connected to the seatpan....due to 4 or 5 in gap . any thoughts on how to reconnect these two pieces or gain the lateral stability some other way. looks that long bolts are the answer but they wont look all that great thanks 4 any suggestions heavyduty

JonB

Zen MBB Master
What about 2 or 3 thin flat aluminium profiles bolted to the sitting seat and to the backrest? Naturally shaped and bend so you dont feel uncomfortable to sit at it.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
I suggest a 2mm aluminium about 5" x 7". Cut a small triangle off each corner so you can fold a 0.5" flange on each side, to leave a finished size of about 4" x 6". Bolt this in place between the seat back and seat pan.

Good luck and let me know how it goes, you are on a track that was not deliberately accommodated during the designing, but it may work out.