Ratz's Great Garage Sales 2023.....41mm/90mm carbon wheels (sold)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ok, with the project to do the V20c taking shape, it's time to empty the bins in the garage. You are about to see that I'm a bit of a bike part hoarder. All that engineering I do by just getting things and trying them; yeah, I have a hard time getting rid of them after the testing

Wheel Set #1 - FLO 90 Carbon Tubeless
First up, as I alluded to in the other thread, is a set of FLO 90 Carbon wheels, rim brake, and 10-11spd Hyperglide.
They are mounted with brand-new, never-ridden Continental GP5000 Tubeless 700x25 tires.
Currently mounted with Tubes for transport and immediate gratification
Tubeless tape is installed. Remove tubes, add values and sealant, and your rocking
These were the first truly all carbon tubeless FLO did; I know I help them debug them when the first ones didn't work and had to be re-engineered this where the result.

They don't make these anymore; because they make DF's scary in cross winds, fortunately, that's not an issue on the Cruzbike S and V series, and they do make the v20 fly in this configuration; . I got them for the Sebring I never made it to so they only now get used for going fast in a straight line; they have about 1000 miles on them.

$900 + shipping for the pair with the tires and some off-brand tire bags

IMG_0507.jpeg

Wheel Set #2 - Reynolds Assault 41m Carbon Tubeless climbers.

These are 41mm, deep climbers; they are low mileage also around 1000 miles; they were for the Silvio's, and those typically had the 60mm on them. These got used on for trips to hiller regions or super windy days. The drive wheel was custom upgraded by wheelbuilder.com to have a DT Swiss 240 hub for faster rolling and better praw engagement on steep climbs. They are mounted with brand new 700x23c Schwalbe Pro Ones, Tubeless tires. They are set up tubeless and just need an once of sealant and air, these travel well that way, so I didn't put tubes in.

$900 + shipping for the pair with the tires and a dual-compartment Reynolds wheel bag for travel

IMG_0508.jpeg

Both wheels need new homes because hanging them on my wall is a waste, each wheel set includes roughly $180 in new tires so I think that's a fair price; and you don't have to wrench them onto the wheels :)

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
I am already set for wheels, but the Flo 90s with TL Conti GP5000s is a really good deal. Very fast wheels, and true Tubeless tires that are not only within a total of 3 watts (both tires) of Conti's fastest tire, but have almost twice the puncture protection.

ratz

That would be pretty posh. I have them on the three bikes that remain as the daily riders, and they are so comfortable after my first five attempts at Tubeless Reynolds was the one that stuck.

These two wheels are the lonely ones they never got ridden, and I finally accepted that moving away from RIM brakes for future bikes requires a new home for these because my climbing bike won't be compatible with them.

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
My last name is "reynolds", I think that would be a nice touch on one of my bikes :)
I bought the very last set of Reynolds Aero 65's when they were on sale a few weeks ago, and I have the AR58's on my upright. I love Reynolds wheels.

ratz

I bought the very last set of Reynolds Aero 65's when they were on sale a few weeks ago, and I have the AR58's on my upright. I love Reynolds wheels.
It sounds like you need some 41's to complete the set; I do love having two of the bike here setup with 65's on the back and 41's on the front.

ratz

bump; to get all the stuff that's sold out down the list further; items head to ebay on Saturday

ratz

Both Wheelsets are going up on eBay at 6 PM Saturday, August 29. I really hate all the eBay fees. So they are now $800 a set to anyone here; you just have to claim them before 5 PM Saturday so I can cancel the eBay ad.

ratz

The FLO wheels have avoided the lords of eBay. They will be staying in the community and have been sold.

The Reynolds now need a home; those riding mental wheels and wanting to upgrade might be tubeless now, but they can be ridden with tubes. Once you go carbon...... You .... don't experience vibration soreness.

If you have been an active forum member for 2 or more years, ask me about an installment plan when the item is this expensive I'm all about keeping them in the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.