Rear rack or underseat rack.

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
I would say it partly depends on your purpose. Heavy, loaded touring? Under seat (though probably both under and rear, with the heavier stuff going down low). Commuting, light touring, and errand running? A rear rack should be fine, and those panniers will be a little easier to access.

McWheels

Off the long run
Had to go with a rear rack since I like a dual tail-light setup, and they're cheaper to get hold of. Consequence of not using the OEM design was having to fettle and use some M5 connector nuts.
Bike is a long-distance commuter.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Had to go with a rear rack since I like a dual tail-light setup, and they're cheaper to get hold of. Consequence of not using the OEM design was having to fettle and use some M5 connector nuts.
Bike is a long-distance commuter.
Do you have a build thread with your rack and fenders or can you post more details including more pictures? I always have challenges with them and even with the Cruzbike purchased rear rack there were challenges.

McWheels

Off the long run
Do you have a build thread with your rack and fenders or can you post more details including more pictures? I always have challenges with them and even with the Cruzbike purchased rear rack there were challenges.

I do, and you were commenting on it at the time!
https://forum.cruzbike.com/threads/the-upgrade-i-promised-myself.13538/

I've also since rotated the front mudguard even further forward, doing away with the connection at the fork crown, and adding a mudguard bridge under the bottom bracket held on with a blakc cable-tie since there's no hole for a bolt. Seems to work pretty well, no creaking or rubbing.