Resistance was Futile: I. Have. Been. Assimilated.

xkred27

Yes, Mark B, it is just as you prophesied. Yesterday I planted my a** in Nanda's Silvio, and (per plan), spent exactly one hour doing laps around the Spinshed, at which point I got off, shook his hand, and said, "Let us go forth and build a Silvio, that we may smite the UCI--in total comfort."

My donor bike will be a 2004 Lemond Tourmalet. I'll be doing some component swapping, and will end up w/ this spec:
Shimano 105 STI shifters (9spd), brakes, and FD
Ultegra 12-27 RD
Sugino XD500 crankset 48-38-24, 172.5mm (giving 23.8 - 107.0 g.i. on a 700x28)
WTB Mountain Road Drop Bar
Bontrager Select wheels
Specialized Armadillo 700x28 tires (Also have on hand Fortezza Tricomp 700x25 and Ritchey Tom Slick 700x30, so I can go wider or narrower.)

I was so drunk w/ euphoria when I left the Spinshed (http://www.spincyclz.com/) that I left my backpack there. Once I realized that, I got off the freeway, turned back south---and promptly overshot the exit in my delirium.

Resistance was futile. I have been assimilated. I hear and I obey. :D

P.S. I'm going to write a separate post about my time in the saddle. My skills and confidence really improved over that short time, and I want to share that with folks who may be struggling w/ their Cruzbikes, or are considering a Cruzbike but doubt their ability to adapt.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Welcome xkred27!!

Nanda sure does have a nice situation up there for allowing new riders to get the feel of the bike.

Check out the threads here on bars, some very interesting options

Cheers,

John

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
xkred27 wrote: Yes, Mark B, it is just as you prophesied.
Well, it really wasn't much of a prophesy, more of a no-brainer. If you are going to ride a bent, this one is the best, hands down. I rode with a friend of mine that used to own a bike shop and sold me my first bent (Vision). He said this was the most intelligent recumbent design he has seen.

xkred27 wrote: Resistance was futile. I have been assimilated. I hear and I obey. :D
Toldjaso1 :D

xkred27 wrote: P.S. I'm going to write a separate post about my time in the saddle. My skills and confidence really improved over that short time, and I want to share that with folks who may be struggling w/ their Cruzbikes, or are considering a Cruzbike but doubt their ability to adapt.

Looking forward to reading it!

Mark