Road bike vs recumbent

McWheels

Off the long run
That's pretty close to home that is. My best 1-lap is 4.52 on my commuting S40 with a hub dynamo. But the cycling club sessions go the other way round. The KOM on that is 3.19 with an average of 615W!

Love to see Rojo doughnuts and the Magic do some fast laps. There's a 10km TT segment round (and round) there too.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Every lap just starts piling up the time in pretty big chunks. And to think that some riders will swap out a perfectly good DF frame for 1 with internal wiring just so they can save a few watts, argue endlessly about which tires offer better rolling resistance to save a few more watts or even about body position and helmet choice. But as soon as you tell them to move a bike part around to get the body into the most aerodynamic position possible they start getting furrowed brows :p

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
At least GCN have a point to make. Better than their usual daft videos. But it is funny how, near the beginning, he says that the track is the recumbent's natural habitat. I would not win any races, even riding that white trike, but I feel totally at home commuting in London on either of my bikes.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
i think GCN (and its variants) has logarithmically improved the watchability of their stuff. i am a geek, but i watch them for 50% geek 50% mental potato chips. i am sure the hardcores are not enjoying the fluff, but i am.

i am sure they will get to a vendetta soon enough. i think it would be a hoot to get manon to learn to ride it proper and then blow cy off of the time trial bike by herself. it would be hilarious to see her shoot by the gang of three and then cy all in the same run. however sponsors may not fully appreciate it.

M.J

i think GCN (and its variants) has logarithmically improved the watchability of their stuff. i am a geek, but i watch them for 50% geek 50% mental potato chips. i am sure the hardcores are not enjoying the fluff, but i am.

i am sure they will get to a vendetta soon enough. i think it would be a hoot to get manon to learn to ride it proper and then blow cy off of the time trial bike by herself. it would be hilarious to see her shoot by the gang of three and then cy all in the same run. however sponsors may not fully appreciate it.
"Mental potato chips" is my new favorite descriptor!
I submitted my V20 and its new Thor seat on GCN's "Bike Vault" beauty contest yesterday, if anybody wants to throw a vote and maybe a comment my way. I got a lot of reaction to a pic I posted of it as a reply to their Facebook post about this video. I imagine that most of their viewers don't know there are modern, fast, unfaired recumbents out there.
It does grate on me that they refer to the velo as a "bike" , though...

Reactions: ccf